Defensive Tackle Options

Stylie

All ACC
Pelon is out and I assume Cory Johnson is out so....are we done at defensive tackle? Would be nice to get another JUCO in there.

Advertisement
There are always options! It's just how good are they?

Here are a few guys UM spoke with earlier but have slow played since the spring or last year that could pop back up.

JUCO
---------
Sam Schwab ( benchs 500lbs)
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1568641/

Schwab wouild be a very athletic NT that casn both hold the point and rush the passer. Rotating him and Wyche at the noee would ideal. He also has the grades to qualify no problem.

Calvin Heurtelou
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/27931/

Heurtelou is one of the more physically imposing players across the country. The 6-3, 305-pound defensive tackle encompasses a 445 pound bench press, 575 pound squat and 300 pound hang clean. And this season, he has already accumulated 52 tackles, 13 tackles for loss and three sacks for Scottsdale (Ariz.) Community College with one game left in his season. He is from Spring Valley , NY and has already taken an OV to UM this year, he eliminated UM earlier but then in late Nov said UM was back in his Top 3.

Rika Levi
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1360908

UM flirted with Him coming out of HS but wenr another direction because we thought we some other kds locked up. Levi is wide bodied Pacific islander (500+ lbs bench press) who will control the middle without a doubt, but will not provide chase support when the play is away from him unless he can drop 30lbs or so. But with the other DE in the class speed won' t be an issue. Levi has good academics he had a 3.0 gpa and 1000 sat score coming out of HS in the San Fransisco area.

Those are just some JUCO's for now.

Last edited:
Pelon is out and I assume Cory Johnson is out so....are we done at defensive tackle? Would be nice to get another JUCO in there.

With Valentine, Moten, and Jenkins, I'm sure the rest of the league is hoping we're done. But I wouldn't be surprised if we added another JUCO or found another transfer.

Levi is great and I would look for a visit from mcdowdell at nassau . Has played both strong side de and dt..

Advertisement
Does anyone believe that we will have at least 1 kid step up from this current group of young DT's we have on the roster? I dont know but I feel like one of them; Pierre (finally), Moore, Hamilton (after a healthy offseason and more time in the weight room) or Kamalu (If he gains more weight and gets stronger)will finally have a break out year.

Starting this thread was like taking a spotlight with a 'P' for Paranos, and shining it up into the night sky.

Shocked it took the guy over an hour to respond.

I just had daughter a this week so I have to take care of priorities first, then Canes Family. I can't make the game intown here either unfortunately, but ya'll better believe she is decked out in canes gear already.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
I just had a this week daughter so I have to take care of priorities first, then Canes Family. I can't make the game intown here either unfortunately, but ya'll better believe she is decked out in canes gear already.

Go Canes

CONGRATULATIONS

I just had a this week daughter so I have to take care of priorities first, then Canes Family. I can't make the game intown here either unfortunately, but ya'll better believe she is decked out in canes gear already.

Go Canes

Congrats.

Go Canes

Come on Paranos, give that girl back to her parents.

Thanks fella's.

As for giving her back, sometimes during those every 2 hr feeding sessions in the middle of night I wonder when I am walking around the house with her after her mom has feed her , but wouldn't give her up for my life. An I will remind her of this in 24 years when she is getting masters from either UM ( Miami or Michigan {moms side of the family})

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Hmmm...so maybe Paranos is not DBC after all....so where's DBC?

Or did DBC and Heather settle down together in a cozy little bungalow somewhere?

Advertisement
Back