Defensive Rankings after Non P5 Opponents

You missed one.

128th out of 130th on defending 3rd down conversions. That is our biggest problem in my opinion. We need to get off the **** field and let the offense do it's thing.

Just from the first two games, it looks like we were all wrong and the offense is actually better than the defense.

I'll throw one positive in here to counter-act the horrible statistic above. Our wide receivers look really good and we don't even have Richards back yet. Harley and Irvin in particular have impressed me. I am ready to eat crow now and walk back my comments last year saying I wasn't a huge fan of Harley's game. He looks like the real deal.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Dominated the 2nd half. Not worried.

Defensively ? Wtf did some of you watch?

Yea I want to watch games on your TV cause it evidently cuts out all the bad stuff.

Does it do that with world news too??

Gave up 14 points in the 2nd half and 7 of those points were from the INT from Rosier.

The dbs still couldn't cover in the second half . Hate to say Edwards made a horrible decisions he wound be getting a lot of pt here

Wondering when they would ban him.....u cant mope if u brand new like that he gave himself away too easily lol

I thought he was a gator from the jump

Advertisement
Im so confused. How the **** do we regress so much in an off season? Why do we not want to jam recivers? Why do we insist on having our DE's covering WR's? Why is our d line not getting their hands up taking away the quick pass?

We lost 4 starters in the secondary.
We replaced them with guys that count take their spots and a guy from the citadel and one from a juco who we didnt recruit out of high school.

They dont have confidence in those guys yet in the back end..and legitimately are doing No frio d where they are cool giving up the short stuff

Im so confused. How the **** do we regress so much in an off season? Why do we not want to jam recivers? Why do we insist on having our DE's covering WR's? Why is our d line not getting their hands up taking away the quick pass?

We lost 4 starters in the secondary.
We replaced them with guys that count take their spots and a guy from the citadel and one from a juco who we didnt recruit out of high school.

They dont have confidence in those guys yet in the back end..and legitimately are doing No frio d where they are cool giving up the short stuff

Dam..tell you what, recruiting blunders are no excuse

OP deserves a down vote, because Diaz has a couple of dozen games of history with us - and that history is pretty good. Some things have been worrying, but it's premature to make wholesale judgments at this point.

Advertisement
Wow. [MENTION=1834]Marcelo2988[/MENTION] and [MENTION=608]MedleyCane[/MENTION] on the call. WilforkHOF = FullyEricht. This is definitely not WolforkHOF's first time here but how did you guys know who it is?

It is not that hard to figure him out based on his trolling agenda.
He was giving Aranda virtual rim jobs when Richt was looking for a DC, and when Richt hired Diaz he opened a "Fire Mark Richt"
thread because he claimed it was important to get started ASAP.
Then he doesn't reappear last season for some "strange" reason.

Dominated the second half lol, as Toledo went up and down the field the entire half. Thankfully their WRs couldn't catch or it would've been a 40 burger, easy. At no point was there not any wr running wide open during the entire game.

I swear some of you don't watch the games or have your head so far up the coaches *** that you can't complain about obvious issues. That's two games against trash where we couldn't stop the opponent.

Everything is fine.

A little worried but we have yet to lose a game bc of this defense. Would say the opposite for dorito

Man, you guys have memory issues. Manny was torched but Cutcliffe last season. Thier QB was almost perfect. You guys better wake the **** up. What you gonna say when Duke humps us up and down field all day?

Advertisement
Dominated the second half lol, as Toledo went up and down the field the entire half. Thankfully their WRs couldn't catch or it would've been a 40 burger, easy. At no point was there not any wr running wide open during the entire game.

I swear some of you don't watch the games or have your head so far up the coaches *** that you can't complain about obvious issues. That's two games against trash where we couldn't stop the opponent.

Everything is fine.

Best post of the day!!!!!! Good job

Man, you guys have memory issues. Manny was torched but Cutcliffe last season. Thier QB was almost perfect. You guys better wake the **** up. What you gonna say when Duke humps us up and down field all day?

What do you suggest we Cane fans do?
Run to the most secure safe space and curl up in the fetal position?

Advertisement
The 2nd half was 42-14. Nobody likes the way we're playing on the defensive side right now, but don't go full ******.

57th in Scoring Defense
73rd in Total Defense

For comparison, Alabama and Clemson, the two best teams in FBS and the likely opponents in the champ game again, are top ten in both categories, after playing multiple P5 opponents.

For more comparison, the year Gorlden was fired for being so miserable defensively that we couldn't stomach it, we were:

77th in scoring defense
69th in total defense

And for a final comparison, Diaz in year two at Texas:

72nd in scoring defense
68th in total defense

If you were crying about No D and his atrocious scheme, dropping DEs into coverage and soft zone, then you are a complete hypocrite if you aren't doing the exact same thing for Mannito.

Al, is that you?!?!?

I miss you, call me.

I'll bring over the donuts and we can spoon :)

Love, 'onofrio

seriously, dude ... the pass defense has laid a sh*t sandwich, but let's wait out the next 2 games, and then we can talk

57th in Scoring Defense
73rd in Total Defense

For comparison, Alabama and Clemson, the two best teams in FBS and the likely opponents in the champ game again, are top ten in both categories, after playing multiple P5 opponents.

For more comparison, the year Gorlden was fired for being so miserable defensively that we couldn't stomach it, we were:

77th in scoring defense
69th in total defense

And for a final comparison, Diaz in year two at Texas:

72nd in scoring defense
68th in total defense

If you were crying about No D and his atrocious scheme, dropping DEs into coverage and soft zone, then you are a complete hypocrite if you aren't doing the exact same thing for Mannito.

Al, is that you?!?!?

I miss you, call me.

I'll bring over the donuts and we can spoon :)

Love, 'onofrio

seriously, dude ... the pass defense has laid a sh*t sandwich, but let's wait out the next 2 games, and then we can talk

No **** this has to be a family member of the old staff, all she does is bytch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back