Defensive Line could be deep

Advertisement
Think the defense will surprise. We have deep talented defense, probably be stronger against the run than pass unless a true pass rusher steps up. The back 5 should be equally as strong. I think the DB squad will be very strong. LB is weakness and might take a year til we turn over that unit before we get the type of standard we should expect.

Really interested to see if Taylor can develop into a special DT. He has the gifts. Hope he's working his tail off and remains coachable.
Taylor needs to have an all American type season (similar to g15 in 2019). Anything below thar will kinda be a disappointment. We need him to grow a pair and become a leader. He is really one of the only guys on the defense that has superstar potential

Advertisement
So making a all conference list proves nothing? 🤦🏾‍♂️ The battered woman syndrome that some of you guys suffer from is insane.

Miami’s defensive coordinators over the past 15 years

2007 Tim Walton
2008 Bill Young
2009 - 2010 John Lovett
2011 - 2015 Mark “wefense” D'Onofrio
2016 - 2018 Danny Miaz
2019 - 2020 Blake fu@king Baker 🤦🏾‍♂️
2021 Danny Miaz

There has only been one time, during this time period, that a coach on this list had a better team defensive ranking that Coach Steele. **** the coaches on this list are not even better DC’s than Miami’s current LB coach 😂
For goodness sake, take your "orange & green" glasses off. I speak to reality. I want our Canes to dominate, until I see it I reserve the right to be skeptical.

Going to be way ******* better than the last few years that's all I know. Will be nice to not have guys just doing whatever the **** they want and getting absolutely smashed up front

For goodness sake, take your "orange & green" glasses off. I speak to reality. I want our Canes to dominate, until I see it I reserve the right to be skeptical.
Who has on orange and green glasses??? I literally said in the OP “I’m still in believe it when I see it mode”

You said non of these guys are proves. In the OP I also stated that 3 of the guys where all conference players.

No more than 3-4 defensive linemen will play on the field at once and there is a chance that 3 of those guys (Agude, Mesidor, and Moultrie) could be on the field at the same time. All 3 of them were named to their respective All conference teams.

My question is simple

What makes a guy proven, if making the All conference list does not, according to you?

Are you saying that a guy must be a 1st team All American before he can be considered a “proven player”

Last edited:
Advertisement
Saw one of those S&C improvement photos that have been floating around of Darrell Jackson and he is 320. He is going to fvck some **** up. After TVD, the DL is the group I am looking forward to watching the most this season, specifically him & 56.
****. Where did you see that? Have not seen that one.

Saw one of those S&C improvement photos that have been floating around of Darrell Jackson and he is 320. He is going to fvck some **** up. After TVD, the DL is the group I am looking forward to watching the most this season, specifically him & 56.

I was blown away by some of Jackson's film. He's legit. I personally think he starts next to LT by the end of the season, even if snap counts are spread about through a heavy rotation to keep everyone fresh and hungry.

Our DL is going to be like a hockey team, with 2 full rotations, and a couple package kids subbing in on power or prevent plays.

I’m so excited about the depth we have on the line. When there are guys behind you or ahead of you that can hold their own, it makes you want and need to play with absolute intensity every freaking down. When there is no depth sometimes guys save some energy here and there so they aren’t gassed later. Not only will our guys be fresh, but they’ll be playing for playing time. They’ll be playing like they need to “prove it.”

Our RBs are going to be the same way. Problem at RB is there is only one ball lol. Not as easy to get all them guys touches

Advertisement
I’m so excited about the depth we have on the line. When there are guys behind you or ahead of you that can hold their own, it makes you want and need to play with absolute intensity every freaking down. When there is no depth sometimes guys save some energy here and there so they aren’t gassed later. Not only will our guys be fresh, but they’ll be playing for playing time. They’ll be playing like they need to “prove it.”

Our RBs are going to be the same way. Problem at RB is there is only one ball lol. Not as easy to get all them guys touches

You can get creative with the RB’s playing slot or in 2 RB sets with one leaking out as a receiver. That’s how we can get them touches. You will probably see 3 get most of the touches….it will iron itself out with performance/injuries.

Taylor needs to have an all American type season (similar to g15 in 2019). Anything below thar will kinda be a disappointment. We need him to grow a pair and become a leader. He is really one of the only guys on the defense that has superstar potential

Leonard Taylor has to "grow a pair" and be a national All-American as a true sophomore or he will be a "disappointment?"

Dumb And Dumber Kool GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back