Defensive end recruiting

Advertisement
Word is that Hammett could easily grow to be about 6'4-6'5 and with his DE background, that's an easy decision to move him to his natural DE spot. Then we really wouldn't need to take another LB because IMO Johnson and Troutman at LB in a 4-2-5 DEF scheme is plenty and then we use that additional slot on a Chase Smith ATH type for maybe STRK and still be able to really add 1-2 more CBs.

QB- 1
RB- Thad, AD
WR- George-Brashard-Romello-(insert name here)
TE- Brantley-Arroyo
OL- Seymore-Mac-Rodriguez-(insert name here)
DE-Hammett-Ish
DT-Haye-(insert name here...although could use slot for CB)
LB-Johnson-Troutman
STR- ? (ATH Chase Smith maybe)
CB- Burns-Curtis
FS/SS-2
K-Andres
I agree with your take on potentially moving Hammett to DE, but we need LBs 2 is not enough we have not been taking the numbers we need at that position for a few classes and it needs more infusion of talent and competition in order to make it a strength and not just take it from being bad to average. I also think Smith should be an OLB, he is 6'4 190 and looks thin as a rail, ain't no telling how much his body will develope once he gets in a college S&C program. Bring in that boy Dink Jackson as a striker; get more speed on the field.

I think we can still get Koht unless he is dead set on the SEC but depends on who of UGA and bama get Dallas turner they might take him then, i think LSU is all in of Korey foreman at the last DE spot. Does pat bethel dad still coach at vero beach?

Koht is probably going to end up wherever Maason Smith and Korey Foreman end up. Seems like all 3 wants to play together.

Word is that Hammett could easily grow to be about 6'4-6'5 and with his DE background, that's an easy decision to move him to his natural DE spot. Then we really wouldn't need to take another LB because IMO Johnson and Troutman at LB in a 4-2-5 DEF scheme is plenty and then we use that additional slot on a Chase Smith ATH type for maybe STRK and still be able to really add 1-2 more CBs.

QB- 1
RB- Thad, AD
WR- George-Brashard-Romello-(insert name here)
TE- Brantley-Arroyo
OL- Seymore-Mac-Rodriguez-(insert name here)
DE-Hammett-Ish
DT-Haye-(insert name here...although could use slot for CB)
LB-Johnson-Troutman
STR- ? (ATH Chase Smith maybe)
CB- Burns-Curtis
FS/SS-2
K-Andres
At OL, I really like Geno Vandemark for the last spot, the kid from New Jersey that we offered. He is nasty as **** like Richie Incognito, Justice needs to get on it.

Advertisement
Kechaun Bennett has committed to Michigan & Rawlins-Kibonge has 4 Stanford CBs. Who do we go after next? Do we push Ishmael to commit? I see the big dogs are after Koht, do we have a shot? Do we go after Pat Payton? Can Sagar play DE? Hammett & Johnson will be LBs in this defense. Why did Metayer have to be such a headcase? Lol

Ishmael and Sager...

Maybe Thomas Brown from GA...or maybe or Barfield or Anderson from Treasure Coast get some attention. I'm hoping we full court press Sager though.

Chance Hammet grows into position too? But he looks like a backer for now.

Edge types emerge later too. Definitely not worried. Seems like we’re good with Ishmael.

Last edited:
Ishmael and Sager...

Maybe Thomas Brown from GA...or maybe or Barfield or Anderson from Treasure Coast get some attention. I'm hoping we full court press Sager though.

Chance Hammet grows into position too? But he looks like a backer for now.

The Barfield kid just committed to FAU. I personally didnt think he was UM level of player at DE

Advertisement
Advertisement
I agree with your take on potentially moving Hammett to DE, but we need LBs 2 is not enough we have not been taking the numbers we need at that position for a few classes and it needs more infusion of talent and competition in order to make it a strength and not just take it from being bad to average. I also think Smith should be an OLB, he is 6'4 190 and looks thin as a rail, ain't no telling how much his body will develope once he gets in a college S&C program. Bring in that boy Dink Jackson as a striker; get more speed on the field.
Hey 305, i disagree with we don't have the numbers cause we run a 4-2-5 we have bodies But i agree that we may not have. Elite talent at Lb.

Advertisement
Y’all say 2022 is loaded at DE.. who are the guys to look out for in that year?
Shemar Stewart
Kenyatta Jackson
Francois Nolton Jr
Richard Thomas (although I think he'll play DT in college)
Dante Anderson
Daniel Lyons
Jamaal Johnson
Nyjalik Kelly

Plus there Wilfredo Aybar who's originally from Miami but plays up in Connecticut.

Shemar Stewart
Kenyatta Jackson
Francois Nolton Jr
Richard Thomas (although I think he'll play DT in college)
Dante Anderson
Daniel Lyons
Jamaal Johnson
Nyjalik Kelly

Plus there Wilfredo Aybar who's originally from Miami but plays up in Connecticut.

Yeah there’s some beasts in that class. Which ones you think we have a shot with?

Advertisement
Back