Defensive end recruiting

Goulds Cane

Senior
Kechaun Bennett has committed to Michigan & Rawlins-Kibonge has 4 Stanford CBs. Who do we go after next? Do we push Ishmael to commit? I see the big dogs are after Koht, do we have a shot? Do we go after Pat Payton? Can Sagar play DE? Hammett & Johnson will be LBs in this defense. Why did Metayer have to be such a headcase? Lol

Advertisement
Kechaun Bennett has committed to Michigan & Rawlins-Kibonge has 4 Stanford CBs. Who do we go after next? Do we push Ishmael to commit? I see the big dogs are after Koht, do we have a shot? Do we go after Pat Payton? Can Sagar play DE? Hammett & Johnson will be LBs in this defense. Why did Metayer have to be such a headcase? Lol
The kid that’s committed to Miss. St looks good

Assuming we get Ishmael, how many more DE's do we need this cycle? We took Chantz, Quentin Williams, and Roberts last cycle (likely will be a DT) and Harvey and Cam Williams redshirted, so we essentially have 4 freshman DE.

Advertisement
Ishmael & flipping thomas davis seem like the best possible outcome for us

Isn’t the DE class for 2022 loaded in SFL? I think we should target one DE this cycle and use another scholly on another RB or CB. Then load up on 3 DE’s in 2022...

I think we should prioritize a kid like Sebastian Sager who can play DE or Sam Lb that may be a DE dependent on growth. I personally would be kool with Ishmael and him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Bennett is still an option, Michigan pushed the button on his commitment because they're nervous about recruiting with their school President essentially saying they might not play Football this year so they're pushing kids to commit now.

Once visits are allowed on campuses again Benett is still a potential flip candidate.

Plus Darrell Jackson & Josh Farmer from Gadsden are two kids we offered months ago & remain in contact with, they are both potential flip candidates too, especially Jackson as he may get pushed out of Tennessee's class.

I think we should prioritize a kid like Sebastian Sager who can play DE or Sam Lb that may be a DE dependent on growth. I personally would be kool with Ishmael and him.
Cant that just be Hammet? Sagar and Hammet are similar types of players

Advertisement
Word is that Hammett could easily grow to be about 6'4-6'5 and with his DE background, that's an easy decision to move him to his natural DE spot. Then we really wouldn't need to take another LB because IMO Johnson and Troutman at LB in a 4-2-5 DEF scheme is plenty and then we use that additional slot on a Chase Smith ATH type for maybe STRK and still be able to really add 1-2 more CBs.

QB- 1
RB- Thad, AD
WR- George-Brashard-Romello-(insert name here)
TE- Brantley-Arroyo
OL- Seymore-Mac-Rodriguez-(insert name here)
DE-Hammett-Ish
DT-Haye-(insert name here...although could use slot for CB)
LB-Johnson-Troutman
STR- ? (ATH Chase Smith maybe)
CB- Burns-Curtis
FS/SS-2
K-Andres

I think we can still get Koht unless he is dead set on the SEC but depends on who of UGA and bama get Dallas turner they might take him then, i think LSU is all in of Korey foreman at the last DE spot. Does pat bethel dad still coach at vero beach?

Advertisement
Back