Defensive Coordinator

357150411176_Gators_Spring_Game.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Just having a discussion here at work and they are asking if we would take Charlie Strong as our DC at the end of the season... thoughts?
Uh, in a heartbeat!! We keep Lashlee (assuming he keeps learning and improving) and we have Strong running our D, AND Trevor finally freaking leaves for the NFL, ummm... yeah, that would be a good thing.

And, the truth is, it would be good for Strong. Assuming he still wants to be a HC, he needs to lick his wounds and shine somewhere. With the current talent and the talent he could pull in, he could give us 2-3 stellar years and then take a decent HC job at the next opportunity.

If this post is to suggest we take Randy back as DC, then no thanks. I thought he was too stubborn when he was our DC and as soon as our recruiting stated to slide, he started getting exposed. Also, I think he has too much pride to come back here as DC after he was already DC and then HC. Too much weirdness across the board.

Advertisement
Those people who luv to lie, repeat **** and don't know football are clowns. Coach Shannon would instantly upgrade the defense, to say "the game has passed him by" is stupid as ****, Ucf over their turning out 1st round defensive draft picks and clowns in here saying that, lol. That man knows defense and is proven, he didn't luck up and win the broyles award, people in here complaining about coach rumph with recruiting don't know WTF they talking bout, it's the scheme that's been keep the cb's and linebackers away, in a coach shannon led defense, all levels of the defense are used properly.

It's a reason linebackers and cb's not coming here like the d-linemen and safeties are, people who know football understand what's been going on.

To say coach shannon was "a bad headcoach" GTFOH, that man got round 1/3the support the penn disgrace morons got, had a real double agent, troll for a president who thought just like this:

Undercut and low-balled coach shannon every step of the way, instead of supporting one of their own, they go out and bring in the penn disgrace morons, open up the flood gates for those clowns all because that imbecile came in with binders with a road map to no **** where, gave those imbeciles and unwarranted extension and all this clown did with all that was go 28 & 22 and was elated and gladly forfeited that unearned, backed into ACC championship game, otherwise he would've had the same 4 year record as coach shannon 28 & 23.

But they let that imbecile get 1 more year making excuses and intentionally cutting players to create depth issues, and presiding over the worst defenses in UM history. Was always scared of and never beat Fsu, coach shannon beat them twice, all while being left with kyle wrong and Kirby freeman as qb's.

Stop disrespecting UM champions, and a championship coach, that's the main problem with y'all new UM fans, to busy disrespecting the very ones that helped to make UM great, many in here really need to STFU!

If this post is to suggest we take Randy back as DC, then no thanks. I thought he was too stubborn when he was our DC and as soon as our recruiting stated to slide, he started getting exposed. Also, I think he has too much pride to come back here as DC after he was already DC and then HC. Too much weirdness across the board.
I've jumped on the "Anyone But Baker" bandwagon. By such a low standard Randy qualifies, "weirdness" and all. 😂

Advertisement
Those people who luv to lie, repeat **** and don't know football are clowns. Coach Shannon would instantly upgrade the defense, to say "the game has passed him by" is stupid as ****, Ucf over their turning out 1st round defensive draft picks and clowns in here saying that, lol. That man knows defense and is proven, he didn't luck up and win the broyles award, people in here complaining about coach rumph with recruiting don't know WTF they talking bout, it's the scheme that's been keep the cb's and linebackers away, in a coach shannon led defense, all levels of the defense are used properly.

It's a reason linebackers and cb's not coming here like the d-linemen and safeties are, people who know football understand what's been going on.

To say coach shannon was "a bad headcoach" GTFOH, that man got round 1/3the support the penn disgrace morons got, had a real double agent, troll for a president who thought just like this:

Undercut and low-balled coach shannon every step of the way, instead of supporting one of their own, they go out and bring in the penn disgrace morons, open up the flood gates for those clowns all because that imbecile came in with binders with a road map to no **** where, gave those imbeciles and unwarranted extension and all this clown did with all that was go 28 & 22 and was elated and gladly forfeited that unearned, backed into ACC championship game, otherwise he would've had the same 4 year record as coach shannon 28 & 23.

But they let that imbecile get 1 more year making excuses and intentionally cutting players to create depth issues, and presiding over the worst defenses in UM history. Was always scared of and never beat Fsu, coach shannon beat them twice, all while being left with kyle wrong and Kirby freeman as qb's.

Stop disrespecting UM champions, and a championship coach, that's the main problem with y'all new UM fans, to busy disrespecting the very ones that helped to make UM great, many in here really need to STFU!

Best post I have read in a long time! I don’t post much because over half this board Don’t knows **** about Miami football and I can’t find myself arguing with that type of ignorance! First thing is bring in someone who can evaluate talent, you will need a coach who can scheme and make adjustments during games, head Coach gotta get players to run thru a wall for him. Miami fields better talent than 90% of the teams they play. How can cincy and IU get there low rank 2/3* to play at a 4/5 rate? Identify players who want to play give them a good scheme and coach them up!

Best post I have read in a long time! I don’t post much because over half this board Don’t knows **** about Miami football and I can’t find myself arguing with that type of ignorance! First thing is bring in someone who can evaluate talent, you will need a coach who can scheme and make adjustments during games, head Coach gotta get players to run thru a wall for him. Miami fields better talent than 90% of the teams they play. How can cincy and IU get there low rank 2/3* to play at a 4/5 rate? Identify players who want to play give them a good scheme and coach them up!
Thank you sir, the ignorance to UM football is at an all-time high, they have no more pride or shame, it was disgusting watching the clown brigrade drooling over transfer tate coming in as if he was gone do anything worth a damyum but even more sickening was hearing coach diaz claim d-co's should be worried about the transfer tate "packages" we sad out the gate transfer tate was trash, and when coach diaz and dumb enos tried to give transfer tate credit for that touchdown run by deejay dallas, I was like those 2 ****'s are silly and disrespectful, deejay had t break round 5 tackles on that play and first off, tate has no speed whatsoever that puts fear into anybody and 2nd, they had him running a fake jet sweep to the short side of the field, I said pregame before the gaytor game and BETHUNE COOKMAN, that transfer tate is not out-running nobody on those squads for sure. Than the luv fest people was showing dumb enos just because he came off the Bama staff didn't mean **** to me, and remember this gem, instead of coach diaz learning to STFU as a first year headcoach, he was to busy running his trap as if he knew more than he actually knows:

Great to see we got some mo real Canes in here making a cameo man. Coach diaz lost all credibility as a headcoach with the team last year by naming that waffling as qb jw15 the starter. I've maintained he's smart enuff to adapt but can he lead men, the team gives good effort under him and that's a good sign, but the copy-cat football/ "cutting edge" is not UM football. Our running game in this "cutting edge" offense puts fear into nobody.

Advertisement
Shannon is a good DC, he would be a way better DC than Baker, he has actually coached great players and is from Miami. I'm concerned about the position coaches and I will keep saying it. That's our biggest problem.

Just having a discussion here at work and they are asking if we would take Charlie Strong as our DC at the end of the season... thoughts?
I think that's a great idea because Charlie knows how to recruit SoFla for example Florida's last National Championship Defense and his Louisville team. Check the facts.

Advertisement
Back