Defense's success gives Brini confidence

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Brini.jpg

Miami was hot on the trail of Mater Academy defensive back Latavious Brini back throughout the spring and into the first half of the summer – that was until Brini committed to Kirby Smart and the Bulldogs in Athens.

Just months after Brini pledged to UGA, he is back as an uncommitted prospect and the local Hurricanes are heavily in the mix once again. Brini has been two Miami games at Hard Rock Stadium this season, including Saturday night’s game against Florida State.

“I loved it. Even though they lost, UM put up a great fight. I loved everything about it,” Brini said. “That crowd was crazy. Every time Miami made a first down, they want crazy.”

Brini added, “That’s the craziest game I’ve ever been to.”

Possibly the biggest difference for Brini as it pertains to Miami is that he is seeing success on the field to back up what the coaches have been selling to him for months.

“The defense is amazing this year,” he said. “It’s surprising a little bit, but it gives me a lot of confidence. It gives me confidence that if I go there, I’ll play for a great coach and a great defense. I saw a lot of freshman play and have a chance to see the field.”

Brini admits he was not ready for a commitment when he did so back in July, but he feels like the experience has helped him mature along the way.

“I really, really understand the process now of committing somewhere,” Brini said. “My next decision will be my final decision. I’m going to take my official visits and then make my decision.”

Even through his commitment to Georgia, Miami coaches stayed in contact with Brini, which he said showed the Canes’ “loyalty” to him.

The 6-2 Mater Academy DB has maintained a relationship with both Mike Rumph and Ephraim Banda. Brini said that he is open to playing either cornerback or safety at Miami.

On the possibility of playing at home in Miami:

“When you play in front of you’re hometown, you’re playing in front of people that you grew up with. That’s crazy.”

Advertisement
Glad the recruits are enjoying the atmosphere at the games. Been a while since we could say that!

Pete-are we 100 percent out with Henderson? Are we moving on and not even recruiting him anymore? Or is he just not sure what he wants?

Advertisement
Pete-are we 100 percent out with Henderson? Are we moving on and not even recruiting him anymore? Or is he just not sure what he wants?

If we after brini hard we done with his ***.....i do t even want him anymore fuq him

GTFO. Henderson has rare speed. We need to dollar handshake his daddy and keep him in tow.

Actually agree with you on this one Mico, Henderson's speed is something we need

Advertisement

If we after brini hard we done with his ***.....i do t even want him anymore fuq him

GTFO. Henderson has rare speed. We need to dollar handshake his daddy and keep him in tow.

Seenthis story too many times...he aint coming and so what if hes fast. Hes fast dvd was fast.....if he was a pure running back where he always touched the ball then ok but hes a fkin db so who cares we have enough coming soon. And if our front seven is nasty the dbs will look all world back there

Seenthis story too many times...he aint coming and so what if hes fast. Hes fast dvd was fast.....if he was a pure running back where he always touched the ball then ok but hes a fkin db so who cares we have enough coming soon. And if our front seven is nasty the dbs will look all world back there

He's not as raw as DVD. We need the speed on team. If he doesn't work out at DB we can put him on offense.

He's not as raw as DVD. We need the speed on team. If he doesn't work out at DB we can put him on offense.

If jes projected as a db its rare they move to offense later on

Advertisement
Sounds to me like Henderson done fell in love with some Gainesville snatch. Can't be a tenderdick!! These hoes ain't loyal

Well if,they just ignore kid it's one thing but they was sending this niglet b day cakes and ****, if that ain't showing love. ..what is? Can't do nothing but make sure u don't get left at the alter like Al Golden

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Did you just say this Chris Henderson isn't as raw at dB now as Demarcus was when he got here?oh boy

Advertisement
Kids instantly will love the stadium but now the product matches it so many kids will have a great time here just get the to ov

Did you just say this Chris Henderson isn't as raw at dB now as Demarcus was when he got here?oh boy

I dont even want to hear about this kid no more when this train rolling let him regret it later on

If jes projected as a db its rare they move to offense later on

You might be right. I can think of one, Eddie Brown, I think did it.

You guys do realize that he is an offensive player who has upside as a DB...meaning he could always go BACK to offense if things don't work out...Henderson is a good player regardless of where he is on the field....that speed should always be something you want on your side.

Advertisement
Back