Defense

Agree to a certain extent, but Julian Gamble was a stiff who hustled like crazy. He was physical and wasn't afraid to put his body on the floor. I don't see that from Miller or Sam, or even Stone.

Gamble was a cut above the current guys athletically, and it took him 4 (maybe even 5) years to develop into a serviceable player.

But I see your point.

Advertisement
Communication in the secondary had a lot to do with it im sure. The chemistry that last year's veteran secondary had was very good. The safeties made more plays and were in position to make plays majority of the time. Too much miscommunication in the secondary and you had a new play caller as well.
Dude he's talking about basketball.

This is one of the worst defensive teams I’ve ever seen in college basketball ever. These guys are very undisciplined on defense. They’re always out their stance standing straight up, when they are one pass away from the ball they’re still standing up chest open to the ball which means you can’t recover if the ball is kicked. Just look at this team when they’re one or two passes away from the ball, it’s hard to watch. Even the post players can’t keep their man in front of them and force them to shoot over the top of them. Seriously watch them, these guys are never in their stance until their man catches the ball at least 80 percent of the time. It’s a recipe for disaster of defensively. Also they give up way to many middle drives which draws the attention of at least 3 players and when that happens your force to scramble on defense. If you can’t do these simple things on defense it’s going to be a long season.

Advertisement
Back