Defense

sstcane

Sophomore
Premium
Held a team that averaged over 500 yards per game to 229 yards.

They held 11 of 13 teams to under their per game average.

They are going to feast next year - any recruit that doesn't want to be a part of that is crazy.

Advertisement
Going to miss Corn and Colbert was even pretty solid this year. The safety duo not so much. Can't wait to see this front 7 next year.

The area where recruiting has been close to exceptional has been in the front seven.
Next year they should be REALLY good.

Advertisement
Defense was lights out all year, but tonight?

First time in a long time I looked at our guys and said "Man, them boys are fast!"

Came close during the FSU game this year, but they looked like The U tonight.

This front 7 + a very healthy front 7 recruiting class is taking this team to the ACCCG next year, regardless of Kaaya's decision. Coach Kool and Diaz are the staff MVPs.

Funny that for 3-4 years we dogged our DT depth chart (rightfully so) and then boom we've got DT's for days - Norton, McIntosh, Jenkins, Willis, Moten...what an embarrassment of riches. Each of those guys would get PT at Bama.

Advertisement
Need a James Lewis steady Eddie type next to Jaquan and it's on like popcorn.

Not worried about the corners.

lL4rGJo.jpg

Going to miss Corn and Colbert was even pretty solid this year. The safety duo not so much. Can't wait to see this front 7 next year.

I have a feeling, if Colbert gets a combine invite, a lot of scouts are going to be going back and looking at his film after he tests well. Best decision he made to come play for Diaz at Miami. Shame he couldn't stay healthy all season. Probably could've slide into the end of the draft. Definitely gonna have a chance to make a team in training camp.

Advertisement
Felt so good looking at the sideline and not seeing the past regime.... Manny ******* diaz

Advertisement
Defense was legit this year. Wasn't perfect but considering the amount of freshman that had to play, they were legit. I would like a few key series back in some of those losses but they are giving us something good to look forward to.

Defense was lights out all year, but tonight?

First time in a long time I looked at our guys and said "Man, them boys are fast!"

Came close during the FSU game this year, but they looked like The U tonight.

Wilder is going to be a terror in this D

Good lawd I'm gonna be in my little cousin & nephew's (Campbell & Chatfield from AH)ears like crazy about playing in our defense. No disrespect to Jenkins & Carter but they don't have more natural ball skills between the two of them than what lil cuz has in his pinky toes. He's the certified ballhawk that defense is missing. And Diaz could get exotic with his calls, because Tyson's running down **** near anybody that gets behind the defense. Chatfield had 24.5 sacks against top-flight SoFla/National competition. Let Coach Kool get ahold of 'em, nuff said Let the savagery commence gentlemen...

Advertisement
Back