Defense didn't even get off the buss today (disappointing)

Cityboy4life82

Thunderdome
Was very disappointed in the effort and execution of our defense, Especially the corners.

Our corners could not stay in front of anyone which was surprising and disappointing

Advertisement
The corners aren't done any favors when the front 4 plays like crap, which they did.

Top 5 DL my ***.

Telling it like it is Cityboy. VERY disappointing after all of the talk we heard throughout camp.

Hoping the issues get fixed and the boys show up for the rest of the year, otherwise it will be a long one.

If you didn't know better, sometimes it felt it was D No No's defense out there.
Way to many 3rd down conversions for BC

Advertisement
That defense looked super slow out there, especially the linebackers.

Diaz blitzed waaaaay too much, and it was ridiculous. It was gimmicky and the DB's were playing too far off the ball, like a Onofrio defense

Advertisement
And also, someone with x and o knowledge explain to me why we give up the edge so consistently and never have anyone covering the slot receiver?

Diaz blitzed waaaaay too much, and it was ridiculous. It was gimmicky and the DB's were playing too far off the ball, like a Onofrio defense

This is what I didn't understand, why did we blitz so much. We should literally be able to play base defense against Bethune and not play as poor as we did today. Did Manny start stressing because he sure called the game like he was?

Advertisement
I think against FSU our defense will look entirely different...

We played BC at noon in the blazing sun with a small crowd...

Of course our defense didn't have much energy.

I think that our safeties are slow but if we can fix that somehow our defense will be great.

A night game against a top team with a big crowd the defense will be playing more alert and fast.

BC is a cupcake team diaz will fix his problems hes smart. I think we will b fine

This is what I didn't understand, why did we blitz so much. We should literally be able to play base defense against Bethune and not play as poor as we did today. Did Manny start stressing because he sure called the game like he was?

What we saw today was the Manny Diaz was canned by Mack Brown and Texas, not the Diaz we saw at Miami last season. This looked exactly like those Texas defenses that were getting shredded due to waaay to much blitzing, with a soft zone and DB's playing off. If we were playing a power 5 school with a pulse today, they would've shredded this defense for 550 yards today.

There was no reason to blitz like that today against that team given the tremendous talent advantage we held---it was crazy and frustrating to watch. What I saw today was a 3 loss defense.

It was the first game, so I am not panicking, but we can't play like that moving forward. I know Diaz and this defense will be better. Go Canes!

Last edited:
Advertisement

Bethune ran quick passes and it seemed we never adjusted, just kept blitzing and creating holes. Also Seemed like the secondary was playing cautious instead of tight coverage. I'm sure things will get better.

Advertisement
Back