Defense didn't even get off the buss today (disappointing)

Advertisement
I'll be very interested to see if Papa Shaq weights in after he speaks to his son. Interested to hear what the players think after today.

The DL play was particularly disconcerting. I expected to see some warts in the secondary but the DL got shredded up the middle, let BC set the edge too often, and the BC QB had way too much time to throw.

The DL was not impressive, no penetration, didn't contain and they were handled well by a D2 OL.

DB's couldn't come off blocks on wr screens and jet sweeps to make tackles.

LB'ers looked slow, got out ran many times wide by Cookman's rb.

Quan Johnson may be instinctual, but he's too slow.

Scheme and lack of DL pressure seemed to hinder the DB's.

I watched bits and pieces of the game since I'm working today. As a said in another thread, my quick read on our defensive performance was that BC had a good offensive scheme to exploit Manny Diaz aggressive defense. As if they knew exactly what our defense would do and had a good plan to neutralize it. Going forward, Diaz defense has to be less predictable.

Advertisement
Idk how our DB's can be compeitive with guys like Harley, Thomas, Richards & suck vs BC. Makes no sense

I think against FSU our defense will look entirely different...

We played BC at noon in the blazing sun with a small crowd...

Of course our defense didn't have much energy.

I think that our safeties are slow but if we can fix that somehow our defense will be great.

A night game against a top team with a big crowd the defense will be playing more alert and fast.

BC is a cupcake team diaz will fix his problems hes smart. I think we will b fine

Smfh...

Advertisement
That defense looked super slow out there, especially the linebackers.

Diaz blitzed waaaaay too much, and it was ridiculous. It was gimmicky and the DB's were playing too far off the ball, like a Onofrio defense

Was there a scrimmage before the game in Hard Rock stadium? It sure looked like it.

The DTs were underwhelming. No or little penetration at the LOS. BCC has 300+ pounders on their OL but it's BCC but I would expect more from two starters with NFL high-pick potential.

The DEs were getting off the ball early in the game but BCC was calling a lot of quick passes that are going to limit sacks. Later in the game the DEs were looked tired.

Last edited:
Advertisement
DT's and Delaney did not look good. Chad was ghost which is a recurring theme for him

Young played well, thought some of the DB blitzes were a bit reckless. not great play calling or execution, theres alot to improve on im confident there will be more fire next week

Advertisement
Back