Deerfield vs Columbus playoff game

Advertisement
Elijah is a different breed when it comes to playing on the D-Line. He's very versatile where he can play Strong, Weak or 3 Tech. Also his knowledge for the game is great.
May very well be true, but why would we waste his time playing anything other than what is most likely his money position? He's unlikely to give us quality minutes there next year over other guys we're likely to have. So what's the design purpose of playing him elsewhere?

Advertisement
All I know is that he looked like a freak out there. That Elijah Roberts vs Jalen Carter battle is going to be fun next weekend. Both pass the eye ball test when you see them in person. They just look different then everyone else on the field.

May very well be true, but why would we waste his time playing anything other than what is most likely his money position? He's unlikely to give us quality minutes there next year over other guys we're likely to have. So what's the design purpose of playing him elsewhere?
I can definitely guarantee you, once Elijah hits that UM S&C program he'll push for playing time over guys who's already there or coming in before him. #Facts

I can definitely guarantee you, once Elijah hits that UM S&C program he'll push for playing time over guys who's already there or coming in before him. #Facts
You may be Elijah, family or one of his friends. The "#facts" thing tells me you're likely relatively young. You want me to argue with you that he's going to push someone at Strong Side Defensive End? Why? He's going to push Greg Rousseau (a possible top 10 pick in the 2021 draft) or a near 25 year old, 6th year Scott Patchan? I hope he pushes everyone ahead of him, for sure. It's good for his unit and the team.

Not sure why we, as fans, do this. If you read through my past posts, you'll see I'm one of Elijah's biggest supporters going back a couple seasons. I go so far as calling him a potential star 3T (even before he signed here). What I've said is fairly basic: after S&C, he's very likely a DT candidate. It's where he's most likely to make his $ in the future. Why not start him there and allow him to fine tune his craft. Especially since we have decent depth along the DL.

Advertisement
He's a future stud 3-tech.
Not twitchy or bendy enough to be a DE on the next level.
The plays he made on Friday were due to his power.

Macho, I was going to ask your opinion on Elijah. I think he is a perfect DT in Manny’s scheme. I think he can be a really good player.

Advertisement
Back