Deerfield Beach HC interview w-SFHSS WQAM

Paranos

All-ACC
Larry Bluestein had a good interview with the Deerfield Beach HC. Interesting that Blue had to bring up the UM commit that is at Deefield Beach rather than the Head Coach at the very end of the interview, like the young man was an afterthought of the HC. That part withstanding it was a very good interview.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Why is it interesting? You think Restrepo not good.

No more so I feel it was more of a passive approach to not discuss Miami, by the DBHC. There has been a history of DB kids shying away from UM whether they are stirred away or by choice that is still a on going debate.

Go Canes

Restrepo just transferred there and has never played for the guy

Funny thing when asked about Restrepo by Bluestein, the HC raved about how Restrepo is a baller and was killing it in the team 7on7. You would think with such a high opinion of the young man, the coach wouldn't need prompting to discuss him.

Go Canes

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
No i just went off your post about him excluding restrepro... when i went to DB I’m pretty sure it was known he was a gator fan but he doesn’t push anyone anywhere according to the people i knew on the team, he just wanted what was best for the kids..

Also Coach Macho works at DB now and said the previous coaching staffs didn’t recruit correctly which was why some kids didn’t wind up at Miami.. also stated they feel that the new staff is great and wouldn’t mind players going to Miami... i don’t think it makes sense to call him out over something so little as him not talking about restrepro..

An Larry Bluestein is usually correct in his analysis on average given his 40+ years doing it.

Go Canes

LOL. Blu has absolutely no idea what he's talking about. Couldn't evaluate a breakfast. Super nice guy though and been through a lot, so I wish him well. But the very last thing that anyone with a clue does is listen to Blu about who's good and who's not.

Oh, and spoiler alert, NO ONE is not. That's his problem. He's the **** Vitale of SFL football. World-class **** rider.

Advertisement
LOL. Blu has absolutely no idea what he's talking about. Couldn't evaluate a breakfast. Super nice guy though and been through a lot, so I wish him well. But the very last thing that anyone with a clue does is listen to Blu about who's good and who's not.

Oh, and spoiler alert, NO ONE is not. That's his problem. He's the **** Vitale of SFL football. World-class **** rider.

@OrangeBowlMagic / @Captain Uberpants listen hear "recruit" and "Freshman" don't bad mouth Larry. Blue's my Boy!

Go Canes

Advertisement
No more so I feel it was more of a passive approach to not discuss Miami, by the DBHC. There has been a history of DB kids shying away from UM whether they are stirred away or by choice that is still a on going debate.

Go Canes
The coach was pumping his HS program. He was not talking recruiting speculation. Did not hear him mention Bama, UGA, Clemson, FIU, FAU or any colleges. Yes, there has been some kind of issue at Deerfield in the past. It appears Field has a good relationship and Restrepo has always wanted to go to UM. Maybe this year is a change point?

Advertisement
Back