Deejay/Homer Part 3,814,734

JHallCanes

2028 is our year
Premium
Good to see Homer “back” this week. I don’t want to hear any more bull**** about Deejays weight or Homer “regressing”

That **** is stupid

It’s simple. Homer needs a bit more space than Deejay (normally). Our OL gave Homer zero space until this game. Deejay can make more out of nothing than Homer, consistently, but if Homer gets a crease he will light you up.

They’re both really good, just different.

Just enjoy it.

Advertisement
There was something a little off with deejay yesterday and not saying he was hurt or he sucks maybe just had an off game. Multiple times he had space and just stopped flat footed and got tackled. Refreshing to see homer have a good game though but I am probably least worried about rb more so than any other position on the team.

There was something a little off with deejay yesterday and not saying he was hurt or he sucks maybe just had an off game. Multiple times he had space and just stopped flat footed and got tackled. Refreshing to see homer have a good game though but I am probably least worried about rb more so than any other position on the team.
It was a little odd to see him hesitate.

Honestly what I think it was? You know how when you’re playing an inferior team you just get kinda obsessed with making a huge play? He seemed more like he was trying to embarrass the D a couple of times than just do what he does.

Lots of bad blood out there and Deejay loves to trash talk.

Just a wild *** guess. He didn’t play his game as you said. Still had some really nice runs though

Honestly what I think it was? You know how when you’re playing an inferior team you just get kinda obsessed with making a huge play? He seemed more like he was trying to embarrass the D a couple of times than just do what he does.

Just a wild *** guess. He didn’t play his game as you said. Still had some really nice runs though

True very well could have been him just thinking he could turn any play into a house call. And who knows maybe if he was in second half he would have found his rhythm.

Advertisement

Agreed, don't his gf go to FIU?

Just an aside, little annoying when one has an off game and say it must be an injury or something. Why can't it just be an off game mentally? These are college kids, not machines/video game players

Advertisement
DeeJay was thinking to much this game. It happens I expect him to figure it out and keep balling next game.

Coaches do a horrible job with personnel groupings & play calling. Why throw a screen to Dallas, when you have Homer & Lingard who could’ve housed that with their speed. So far this season we’ve seen 2 screens (neither one to our fastest backs) one wheel route (to Davis who looked lost on it) & one jet sweet to get our speed to the edge (Homer). Dallas should never have a play call where he’s required to get to the edge & converseley can we let Lingard get a play to the outside & see his speed.

Advertisement
Coaches do a horrible job with personnel groupings & play calling. Why throw a screen to Dallas, when you have Homer & Lingard who could’ve housed that with their speed. So far this season we’ve seen 2 screens (neither one to our fastest backs) one wheel route (to Davis who looked lost on it) & one jet sweet to get our speed to the edge (Homer). Dallas should never have a play call where he’s required to get to the edge & converseley can we let Lingard get a play to the outside & see his speed.

Stupid post.

They're both a great 1/2 punch & at any given moment either one of them can make some big runs.

What I hope to see is for Lingard to get more touches earlier & not just garbage time. That kid is a Homerun hitter, get him out in open space with some blockers in front of him & he'll break one.

It all depends on run blocking, if our OL does their job all 3 of our RB's can have a huge impact for us.

Stupid post.
Our fans never cease to amaze me.

Advertisement
They're both a great 1/2 punch & at any given moment either one of them can make some big runs.

What I hope to see is for Lingard to get more touches earlier & not just garbage time. That kid is a Homerun hitter, get him out in open space with some blockers in front of him & he'll break one.

It all depends on run blocking, if our OL does their job all 3 of our RB's can have a huge impact for us.

According to two posters it’s a stupid idea to get Lo in open space. LMAO

If that’s what I was saying, then I would have said it.
The poster literally said "we need to give our faster backs the reps over Deejay when running these outside plays" and you called it stupid.

As for me, while being at the game...Cam Davis was seemingly more productive than Lingard, but Lingard just plain looked explosive. Those 2 swing passes N'Kosi tossed to Cam Davis were both incomplete and looked the same to me. They were over throws where I felt like Perry correctly led Cam forward with the throw, but he expected Cam to be a little faster and both were just out of his reach. My immediate reaction was that Lingard was catching and getting tons of yards on both of those if he got those opportunities.

Advertisement
Back