Deejay Dallas?

walker_0019

Recruit
Just wondering if he has played or if he's been injured. I haven't had an opportunity to watch a full game yet so just wondering.

Advertisement
Played in first game and had a catch in second half. Not sure if he played against Toledo.

Was we could RS him and let him practice at CB this year so ready to add value next. We are beyond deep at WR.

Advertisement
I thought he would play more. Still expect him to get a role before the season ends.

I thought he would play more. Still expect him to get a role before the season ends.

No disrespect D$, but you often think that true freshman will get a lot of playing time and then they don't.

Travis Homer last year. Jeff Thomas and DeeJay this year.

No disrespect D$, but you often think that true freshman will get a lot of playing time and then they don't.

In his defense maybe Homer should have gotten more playing time last year. He looks much more explosive than Yearby or Edwards. Who wouldn't have thought Thomas and DeeJay would have gotten more playing time given their scrimmage numbers + hype.

Advertisement
Thomas got a lot of burn last game. He just didn't make a catch. He was out there more then Cager and Langham.

When did I say Homer would be playing over Yearby and Gus? And Jeff Thomas is playing plenty.

Advertisement

When did I say Homer would be playing over Yearby and Gus? And Jeff Thomas is playing plenty.

I'd have to go back and look but I'm pretty sure you said it on NSD 2016. That he was an "instant impact" guy.

My main point is sometimes you and Pete hype up these high school kids to the point where the board has unrealistic expectations for them and then when those expectations are not met, the kids face backlash.

Navaughn Donaldson is a prime example. He's been pretty up and down so far but earlier today in a thread Pete called him Trent Williams. Does he realize how utterly insane it is to compare a kid who's started two college games at guard with mixed results to the best tackle in the NFL? I mean c'mon now.

Last edited:
Navaughn Donaldson is a prime example. He's been pretty up and down so far but earlier today in a thread Pete called him Trent Williams. Does he realize how utterly insane it is to compare a kid who's started two college games with mixed results to the best tackle in the NFL? I mean c'mon now.

He's just comparing traits and playing style. I made the same comparison when Donaldson was at Central. Unique skill set at that size.

Hopefully that role is at DB where we need the most help and he is most likely to contribute for the next 4 years.

Advertisement
Navaughn Donaldson is a prime example. He's been pretty up and down so far but earlier today in a thread Pete called him Trent Williams. Does he realize how utterly insane it is to compare a kid who's started two college games with mixed results to the best tackle in the NFL? I mean c'mon now.

He's just comparing traits and playing style. I made the same comparison when Donaldson was at Central. Unique skill set at that size.
Donaldson looks like a future star because of his freakish size/speed/feet combination, but let's watch him play some snaps at Tackle next year or whenever.

Advertisement
Back