Deejay Dallas Update

Astcloud11

Senior
Premium
[PLAYER]439[/PLAYER]
This article from 247 about his recent visit verifies he is being recruited as a WR.

Athlete Deejay Dallas from Glynn Academy in Brunswick, Georgia, told InsideTheU.com that he had one remaining question entering his Miami visit.

Dallas (6-0, 191) got everything else answered but he had to decide how he felt about the environment in Coral Gables. He elaborated on the apprehension he had and why it's not there anymore, now that he personally experienced everything on Friday.

"People had been telling me stereotypes about the campus so I wanted to see it for myself," Dallas said. "I heard it was a bad place and that I shouldn't look at going there. The biggest thing I got out of it is I can see living there for four or five years. Everybody thinks it's in the hood or whatever but Coral Gables is a nice city."

Dallas initially committed to Georgia in July but the last time he saw Richt was in Athens, just over a week before he was fired. He decommitted less than a month later and the two finally got to reunite in South Florida.

"We have great relationship so he was excited to see me and I was excited to see him," Dallas said. "He said I'm still a priority even though he's at a new school so that's good to hear. I really wasn't worried about it but him saying it again doesn't hurt."

Even though Dallas has an established connection with Richt, this trip was about building on that. He needs to have more familiar faces at Miami first and he took steps in that direction.

"I met Coach Dugans, Coach (Jon) Richt, Coach Baez, the whole staff actually," Dallas said. "They're genuine dudes, like Coach Dugans is truly looking forward to a chance at coaching me. He was clear about saying that if and when I make it, he wants to have helped along the way."

The team didn't practice while Dallas was on campus but that wasn't a drawback at all. Instead, he got to pick the players' brains about life inside the program.

"I had an instant connection with the players and I was vibing with the wide receivers," Dallas said. "I sat in meetings with them and I got treated like I was already on the team. They didn't say I have to come but there's no doubt they feel Miami is a good place to be. It's a no brainer if you like the coaches there."

Dallas' visit went so well that he's planning to return very soon. However, he's only seen schools in Florida and Georgia so with many of his options in the Pac-12, his first opportunity to go west is right around the corner.

"Overall it was a great trip and Miami is high up there since I just liked spending time around everybody," Dallas said. "I'll probably be heading back there in three weeks for their spring game. But I have other stuff coming up first, like my trip to California next week. I'm pretty hyped to check out UCLA and Stanford."

A couple programs want Dallas as a quarterback after he completed 50 out of 90 passes for 678 yards with 7 touchdowns and 3 interceptions. He carried 155 times for 1139 yards and 13 touchdowns plus 14 catches for 147 yards and a score.

Dallas is a four star prospect according to the 247Sports Composite, ranking him 13th in the nation at his position and 25th overall in the state of Georgia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Why wood someone tell this kid Coral Gabels was in the hood. No where from the truth, glad the youngman enjoyed his trip.

I think he really enjoyed his visit. I think he is a kid that wants to prove he is the best. whatever college gives him that he will go too.

The more Richt and staff recruit kids from what's considered SEC country the level of b.s. And negative recruiting directed at Miami will continue to increase. Guys like Smart, Pruitt, Mackelteeth and whoever replaces Miles will stoop to whatever level they think gets the job done. I wouldn't be surprised if we hear about the Barnes or Pata trajegdies being brought up to recruits again. Our staff will eventually close some kids that we thought we had no chance with.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
If there were a stadium there people would see it's not the hood every week.

Advertisement
Why wood someone tell this kid Coral Gabels was in the hood. No where from the truth, glad the youngman enjoyed his trip.

Most people assume all of Miami is like Liberty City.

A lot of people have a preconceived notion about the University of Miami. Most people think it's some public university in the ghetto. When I tell people Miami is a small private school in a very prestigious neighborhood, they don't believe me.

Ignorance is very prevalent in the educated and moderately educated populace. Have you heard the foolishness coming from political candidates, Presidential candidates at that. It's a shame adults will tell teenagers lies and more of a shame those teenagers won't use their electronic tools to discover the truth instead a social media only devise. You ought to see the other side of the tracks in all the SEC towns.

Advertisement
Coral Gables ain't da hood but I grew up in da South Miami projects a stones throw away and da Grove got a hood on the other side. I ain't been back in a while but I figure that is still the same...

Coral Gables ain't da hood but I grew up in da South Miami projects a stones throw away and da Grove got a hood on the other side. I ain't been back in a while but I figure that is still the same...

Actually, that area has changed a lot.

The "nice" part of the Grove keeps expanding west towards US-1. Not much hood there left anymore

Most people assume all of Miami is like Liberty City.

And most of those people have no idea what Liberty City is even like. I hear it from SEC fans up in TN all the time talking about how violent Miami is. Then I show them the avg home value in Coral Gables and say well **** if those aren't the nicest housing projects I've ever seen!

Advertisement
I was on campus Friday and saw CMR and a few coaches including Dugans, having lunch with a recruit whom I can only assume was D. Dallas at the Rat.

My friend who works for UM whom I was eating lunch with said it was completely unheard of to see Golden walking campus and that she'd seen CMR more in his short time there than Golden in all his years.

Watched CMR sit down, say grace, and look like he owned the place.

The man has an air about him. I'm not even a little bit worried about recruiting.

"Dallas said. "I heard it was a bad place and that I shouldn't look at going there... Everybody thinks it's in the hood or whatever but Coral Gables is a nice city." "

Wow! There is some serious negative recruiting going on in Georgia. Could anything be further from the truth. Must be those SEC and Free Shoes U coaches who think they can say anything and it will be believed.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back