Deejay Dallas in better shape?

Exactly! The pic on the left was him as an "explosive" Freshman. The pic on the right was when he was a "fat" Sophomore

The truth is - Deejay is the same dude he's always been.

But it's all about the narrative....

Soph Year - He lost a ton of body fat (14.7% to 10%) and put on 20 lbs. He looks more explosive than he was as a Freshman!
Junior Year - He lost a ton of body fat (17% to 9%) and lost 20 lbs. He looks explosive again like he did as a Freshman!

View attachment 95843
I don’t think he ever looked “explosive”as freshman or at least nothing like that run he had in the 4th quarter vs uf . Good to see he has improved for sure though

Advertisement
I think he's our new Berrios. He's hard-working, hard-nosed, explosive, blocking, all-Miami, kid.

Did you see him sell out on some of those blocks? Guys a beast.

I don’t think he ever looked “explosive”as freshman or at least nothing like that run he had in the 4th quarter vs uf . Good to see he has improved for sure though
He was def explosive to me as a freshman. Diving for the pylon vs ND comes to mind

Advertisement
Deejay Dallas lost a step, he still looks heavy to me. He got caught from behind twice. Look @ The Notre Dame game for reference to his ideal size & speed

He was def explosive to me as a freshman. Diving for the pylon vs ND comes to mind
That’s a 5 yard run, not explosive in my opinion. Explosive to me is the va tech run by Travis homer in 2017 or even recently deejay Dallas breaking off tackles vs great corners like cj henderson and Marco Wilson and then pulling away for a touch down.

Deejay Dallas lost a step, he still looks heavy to me. He got caught from behind twice. Look @ The Notre Dame game for reference to his ideal size & speed
he never had long speed, i remember him being caught from behind twice as a freshman especially one play where he lined up at slot... He still does look a little heavy but down from last year...good enough for me, he did look quicker as a freshman but I dont want him playing at his Freshman weight he looked too light.... still about 5-7 pounds heavy but hes good enough for me

Advertisement
That’s a 5 yard run, not explosive in my opinion. Explosive to me is the va tech run by Travis homer in 2017 or even recently deejay Dallas breaking off tackles vs great corners like cj henderson and Marco Wilson and then pulling away for a touch down.
Ok I hear you. I just think maybe the difference now is he runs with more power than before. Maybe more hunger too.
This run @ 3:34 I feel shows that he was fast before too.

Ok I hear you. I just think maybe the difference now is he runs with more power than before. Maybe more hunger too.
This run @ 3:34 I feel shows that he was fast before too.

Power is the difference. That's the added benefit of gaining weight that's not really being discussed.

When he looks "fast" on big plays - vs. Florida & Wisconsin - he seems faster because he's being chased down by DL & LB's.

When he looks "slow" and gets caught from behind on big plays - vs UNC, Duke & Pitt - he seems slower because he's being chased down by DB's.

His speed's been pretty much the same - a little faster than most LB's, a little slower than most DB's. Probably always been around a high 4.5.

But the run vs Florida is 100% a power run, not a speed run. He bounces right off 3 square shots from DB/LB's - #1, #3, #33 - and then it's off to the races against DL/LB's - #55, #58, #92, #7. You don't see him bounce off of defenders like that in his Freshman highlights.

Advertisement
If speed was a **** some of y’all would have it so far down your throat it’d be coming out your ***. Top end speed is great, but balance, vision, burst and elusiveness is far more important for a RB. Edge should be in the HoF, and he was never the fastest dude on the field. Nor Portis. Nor Gore post injuries.

Advertisement
Back