Deejay Dallas in better shape?

Canes91

Freshman
During the Florida game I noticed during his TD run and screen pass he looks like he has a little more burst. I don't know if a year ago he would have housed that TD run. Glad to see him a little more trim also he runs hard difficult dude to bring down he's slippery and strong.

Advertisement
Advertisement
During the Florida game I noticed during his TD run and screen pass he looks like he has a little more burst. I don't know if a year ago he would have housed that TD run. Glad to see him a little more trim also he runs hard difficult dude to bring down he's slippery and strong.
When he was a freshman he was very explosive and quick, for his soph season, they had him up his weight, but it wasn't really clean weight. He looked pretty tubby tbh. Now he dropped weight slightly but prob kept most of his strength and just lost body fat with coach feeley and eating better.

EDIT: also want to add that they wanted him to add weight, because of a permanent move to RB. If you remember, he was filling in at RB for his freshman season when walton got injured.

Advertisement
He still seems pretty solidly built, he just lost that bit of a belly he was carrying around. He's solid 210lb running back and not a 190lb 3rd down back anymore.

Advertisement
Deejay ran a 4.5 40 coming out of HS as QB before switching to WR as a TF & then eventually becoming a RB.

Felder put bad weight on him & slowed him down a bit, but even last year was arguably our best offensive player even though our offense was pure garbage.

He still had 617yds & 6TD's at 5.7ypc last year despite playing in one of the worst offenses in school history.

Deejay slimmed down & redefined his body with more muscle but got leaner & is back to his quicker more explosive self. He's going to be the catalyst playmaker this year.

Deejay Dallas.jpg

Advertisement
this is when felder was still with the program.

Exactly! The pic on the left was him as an "explosive" Freshman. The pic on the right was when he was a "fat" Sophomore

The truth is - Deejay is the same dude he's always been.

But it's all about the narrative....

Soph Year - He lost a ton of body fat (14.7% to 10%) and put on 20 lbs. He looks more explosive than he was as a Freshman!
Junior Year - He lost a ton of body fat (17% to 9%) and lost 20 lbs. He looks explosive again like he did as a Freshman!

Deejay Dallas 2.jpg

Advertisement
Back