Dee Delaney

Trescerocinco

Retired staff
Premium
After going back and watching a lot of this guys film from the last two seasons I really believe that this guy could potentially be the BEST player on our defense this season coming up. He is a stud in run support and pass coverage I understand the lower level of competition but go watch his film and tell me he isn't capable of making plays at the ACC level. I think his potential impact I is being very understated right now and come fall he will prove to be huge benefit to the team.

Advertisement
What's going to make him look even better is the front 7.

I'll say this, I think he comes in and has a bigger impact than Colbert, and I really liked what Colbert contributed. DD is an NFL caliber CB right now, and that's huge. He's coming here to make more money, so you'd better believe he'll be taking every play seriously. He's not coming down to vacation. He's coming down to up his draft status.

In front of the studs we have in the front 7? No... but he will be really good

Last edited:

I'll say this, I think he comes in and has a bigger impact than Colbert, and I really liked what Colbert contributed. DD is an NFL caliber CB right now, and that's huge. He's coming here to make more money, so you'd better believe he'll be taking every play seriously. He's not coming down to vacation. He's coming down to up his draft status.
What'd you see on the tape?

A physical guy with quick twitch reaction. A guy with a good football IQ. A mature football player. All things that SHOULD translate well going into our D.

Advertisement

A physical guy with quick twitch reaction. A guy with a good football IQ. A mature football player. All things that SHOULD translate well going into our D.
Thanks. I've only seen his highlights and some 7 minute video floating around. Would love to hear more from people who've seen any extensive action.

After going back and watching a lot of this guys film from the last two seasons I really believe that this guy could potentially be the BEST player on our defense this season coming up. He is a stud in run support and pass coverage I understand the lower level of competition but go watch his film and tell me he isn't capable of making plays at the ACC level. I think his potential impact I is being very understated right now and come fall he will prove to be huge benefit to the team.

Hey, where'd you find his film? I'm pretty pumped about Delaney as well, but I've only been able to see like 5 minutes of game footage on youtube

Advertisement

When will you arrive at UM, Dee?

[video=youtube_share;lwpElldzYGU]https://youtu.be/lwpElldzYGU[/video]

If you go on the FCS Football YouTube page, you can find the all full games of the Citadel's season.

I went & watched a quite a few of them once Delaney came up on our radar & he's no doubt going to be the best CB in our secondary once he arrives on campus.

He's a true gifted Ballhawk & natural playmaker, with the very clean technique, great speed, great hips & is a very good tackler in run support.

He reminds me of Darius Slay from Miss St.

Last edited:
The defense will be special if the secondary steps up. Our front 7 is going to physically dominate football games. This is gonna be a fun season

Advertisement

Should be a great influence on the younger guys as well...those armed forces schools instill plenty of discipline and work ethic.

Should be a great influence on the younger guys as well...those armed forces schools instill plenty of discipline and work ethic.

Agreed. Had this guy played the way he played and played for a P5 team, he'd already be a 2-3 round pick, easy. We lucked out.

Advertisement

When will you arrive at UM, Dee?

I will arrive at Miami when you make an appearance on the canes insight podcast....

Just saw Delaney's highlight for the first time.. He gonna be good. The EASIEST tell-tell sign if a CB is good or going to be good is if he always looks to find the ball (when in the air) instead of blindly swatting at the arms of the WR.. It shows that the CB has confident to make a play and is thinking about getting Ints instead of hoping the WR drops the ball by swatting at his arms.. it also shows that he has confident in his ball tracking skills and speed to catch up with the ball.

Advertisement
Back