Dee Delaney

Just saw Delaney's highlight for the first time.. He gonna be good. The EASIEST tell-tell sign if a CB is good or going to be good is if he always looks to find the ball (when in the air) instead of blindly swatting at the arms of the WR.. It shows that the CB has confident to make a play and is thinking about getting Ints instead of hoping the WR drops the ball by swatting at his arms.. it also shows that he has confident in his ball tracking skills and speed to catch up with the ball.

He's a ball hawk with a high football IQ. Some kids are great athletes that learn the sport, while others are great athletes that just know how to play. They know where the ball is going. They recognize small things that make a big difference. They take good angles. You know what I mean? DD looks like a guy that just knows the game and how to play the position. Instinct, a knack, whatever you want to call it. Not every kid has that. Then again, he is no kid at this point. He's a grown man out there about to get paid.

Thanks for choosing UM, Dee. Now go show them youngins how it's done.

Advertisement
Joe Jackson is the best player on D, maybe the team (with apologies to A. Richards).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on the limited film there is out there, I like his ability in press coverage. I also like his recovery speed when he gets turned around. The limited plays available to view online against FSU, he did a good job against Greene. He got burned on one being out of position, he got overly aggressive which I really can't fault him down 27-0 in the second quarter. He made a nice tackle in the backfield on Dalvin ****lebag. The weakest thing I have seen has been getting blocked downfield, actually. I think he is physical in run support, but sometimes he gets locked up pretty good. Again, based on limited film. You can see some of that against FSU and USC(arolina). That is one thing I think Colbert does better.

Advertisement
Based on the limited film there is out there, I like his ability in press coverage. I also like his recovery speed when he gets turned around. The limited plays available to view online against FSU, he did a good job against Greene. He got burned on one being out of position, he got overly aggressive which I really can't fault him down 27-0 in the second quarter. He made a nice tackle in the backfield on Dalvin ****lebag. The weakest thing I have seen has been getting blocked downfield, actually. I think he is physical in run support, but sometimes he gets locked up pretty good. Again, based on limited film. You can see some of that against FSU and USC(arolina). That is one thing I think Colbert does better.

Get on board! He's the GOAT

Toma Caliente of the day:

Young and Jackson begin the season as the starting CBs

Let's pump the brakes on "BEST" but if Coach Colbertson thought he was worthy of his recruiting attention then that's good enough for me. Don't even need to see his tape.

Advertisement
Best player in the SoCon. Not saying a lot but it wasn't close. He gave our (ETSU) best WR no room to make a catch or anything happen that we tried to get to him behind the LOS. Very long and aggressive.

Only problem is he takes plays off due to being so far advanced for FCS and the players he's going against he could beat at 75% effort. He needs to match up with Ahmmon 1 on 1 early after his arrival and get exposed in that area and turn the switch on for him.

He's been coached by a legit DB coach with one of the best FCS track records you'll see for NFL talent at DB. Rumph will get him to "be a pro" in his play and preparation as he always preaches that. That's what made Colbert take that next step, expect the same thing here.

I've learned so much from Carl Torbush and have so much respect for him as a defensive coach/mind/evaluator and watching him light up and praise this kid watching film tells me that he's pretty **** good.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back