Decision to pull Rosier early

"He went ahead and launched a ball downfield that ended up being a pick. Not to be too funny, but that might have been the best punt of the day. Third-and-long, we launched it out there, they catch it and we tackled him right away - that was the best change of field position we had all day when it comes to that."

We're not the only ones fed up with what some may call punting.

Yep, that was what I was referring to.

Advertisement
I'd have to rewatch the game to be sure but my gut feeling at that time was Rosier twice kept the ball on read options when it was the obvious choice was to hand it off. The announcers even mentioned one of them. I saw the same thing a few times against Toledo. My guess is that Rosier has been feeling the pressure to play well and was putting more on his feet than his arm. That kind of mindset is bad for the offense overall as other players get frustrated.

If Rosier would've kept the ball on the 2nd ZR it would've been a TFL, their was a blitzing DB right in His face as He was carrying out His fake.

The 1st one I don't remember.

Advertisement
If Rosier would've kept the ball on the 2nd ZR it would've been a TFL, their was a blitzing DB right in His face as He was carrying out His fake.

The 1st one I don't remember.
There was also one where he should have given it to Travis who would have scored for a long run yet he kept it. On one of the failed 3rd conversions I’m not sure if malik audibled it or he had an incorrect read but imo it seemed like a bad read and they stuffed it

I'm not sure Rosier did anything wrong. Perry did what we all wanted him to do, seize the opportunity he had and not turn back. Now we need to see him do it again in conference play.

The second offensive series when it was like a 3rd and 5 or 6, Malik handed off and the play got a few yards but short of the 1st down. Was that an audible? Strange play call if it came from the sidelines. Looking at replay I thought I noticed Richt talking to Malik on the sidelines about it and Malik was making gestures about what he was seeing, but that was it for him. Before that he was like 2 out of 3 and other than the dumb qb sneak which was apparently called from the sidelines, it wasn't like he was terrible. He did make some decent throws. Anyone else notice this?
Yeah, but I think perry was gonna get snaps regardless. And he got hot and MR went with him. But yeah it might have been a audible cause like I said yesterday the coaching gawd butch was playing a two safety shell with 6 in the box just about all game. Just early on we ain’t excecute the run game as well as we did from the 4th drive and on

I'm not sure Rosier did anything wrong. Perry did what we all wanted him to do, seize the opportunity he had and not turn back. Now we need to see him do it again in conference play.
This. My only concern though, is his weight and conditioning to take hits. The oline will have to protect him real good.

Advertisement
I had to text my brother about that play right after it happened. I just couldnt believe that with a 5th senior QB we didnt throw it on 3rd and 5.

This. My only concern though, is his weight and conditioning to take hits. The oline will have to protect him real good.

We made it with Jacory Harris as QB and he was skinnier than Perry. May need to teach him to slide though.

I understand the predetermined plan to get Kosi in but I question the timing. I would have anticipated something similar to what happened against Savannah St. Pulling Malik after the 2nd series and after a strange play call is more than coincidental, imo

There was also one where he should have given it to Travis who would have scored for a long run yet he kept it. On one of the failed 3rd conversions I’m not sure if malik audibled it or he had an incorrect read but imo it seemed like a bad read and they stuffed it
Nah even on that one malik was reading the end, the end crashed so malik kept. But the safety came down the ally and made a good play. I thought what u thought becaus it did open up for homer. But a lot of times that happens. As far as read ‘, it was good read. I think y’all reading to much into it. I think perry was coming in no matter what on that 3rd series. And I think we will still play both guys Thursday night

Advertisement
I’ve complained about the way Richt has failed to get Perry reps....but in hindsight, this kinda made sense. You get your young QB his first meaningful reps at home with the crowd behind him.

I still would’ve loved for Perry to get reps at Toledo tho...but I guess everything is working itself out.

The second offensive series when it was like a 3rd and 5 or 6, Malik handed off and the play got a few yards but short of the 1st down. Was that an audible? Strange play call if it came from the sidelines. Looking at replay I thought I noticed Richt talking to Malik on the sidelines about it and Malik was making gestures about what he was seeing, but that was it for him. Before that he was like 2 out of 3 and other than the dumb qb sneak which was apparently called from the sidelines, it wasn't like he was terrible. He did make some decent throws. Anyone else notice this?

I think Malik may have audibled that call but who knows besides CMR and him.

Seems since he's been booed he seemed intent on being a one man gang running trying o prove his critics wrong

This was far from being the 1st time I've noticed it happened ....where the clear and better option was to hand it off ...but he decided to do it himself.

Not sure I agree with all that. Malik is a solid runner. I think it more had to do with his decision making.

He had his moments on the ground against some decent defenses. I think the difference is that some teams sold out against the run and some didn't. Those that did shut him down, but then again they shut down our actual RBs as well.

9 carries for 44yds and 1TD vs. ND

13 carries for 84yds and 1TD vs. VT

I get the feeling Rick hated Malik’s read on the play where he should have handed it to Homer. He’s been saying for a couple weeks he wants less QB run.

He probably also didn’t like that he didn’t check out of the QB sneak when FIU had 11 guys stacked over the Center. Only an idiot OC would call that with no audible available. That play stood zero chance of working based on FIU’s alignment. A competent OC/QB combo checks out of that sneak.

Advertisement
I’ve complained about the way Richt has failed to get Perry reps....but in hindsight, this kinda made sense. You get your young QB his first meaningful reps at home with the crowd behind him.

I still would’ve loved for Perry to get reps at Toledo tho...but I guess everything is working itself out.

Plus, Perry was suspended for 1st game. And Malik played maybe his best, statistically speaking, game of his career against Toledo.

On the second series 3rd down play Rosier threw to a double teamed Jordan when Hightower was wide open on the r side . Rosier has tunnel vision sometimes and being 5 inches shorter than Perry often cant see over the linemen

Advertisement
Back