Decision to pull Rosier early

Salt

"Assigned species at birth"
The second offensive series when it was like a 3rd and 5 or 6, Malik handed off and the play got a few yards but short of the 1st down. Was that an audible? Strange play call if it came from the sidelines. Looking at replay I thought I noticed Richt talking to Malik on the sidelines about it and Malik was making gestures about what he was seeing, but that was it for him. Before that he was like 2 out of 3 and other than the dumb qb sneak which was apparently called from the sidelines, it wasn't like he was terrible. He did make some decent throws. Anyone else notice this?

Advertisement
I’ve complained about the way Richt has failed to get Perry reps....but in hindsight, this kinda made sense. You get your young QB his first meaningful reps at home with the crowd behind him.

I still would’ve loved for Perry to get reps at Toledo tho...but I guess everything is working itself out.

You may be right, but I also think Perry was coming in the third series regardless. As astutely stated before, here’s hoping this is a Gehrig/Pipp situation.

He may have switched the play to a running play based on what he saw out of the defensive alignment, but I too am interested in knowing what happened on that play.

Yesterday Malik handed it off when it was an obvious pull and pulled it when it was an obvious give. That’s what Richt was complaining about.

Now, Richt finally got tired of Malik running the ball last week. It’s been proven he doesn’t have the physical ability to run successfully against top defenses. That’s why the decision was made to play Perry so early.

The Perry era has begun fellas. We got what we wanted. Let’s ride!

Advertisement
I’ve complained about the way Richt has failed to get Perry reps....but in hindsight, this kinda made sense. You get your young QB his first meaningful reps at home with the crowd behind him.

I still would’ve loved for Perry to get reps at Toledo tho...but I guess everything is working itself out.

And i nice couple of scripted series to sting together a bunch of easy completions. When Nkosi threw that picked and walked to the sideline Richt said something to him and his face lit up.

And i nice couple of scripted series to sting together a bunch of easy completions. When Nkosi threw that picked and walked to the sideline Richt said something to him and his face lit up.

He told him "best punt of the day" LOL

Yesterday Malik handed it off when it was an obvious pull and pulled it when it was an obvious give. That’s what Richt was complaining about.

Now, Richt finally got tired of Malik running the ball last week. It’s been proven he doesn’t have the physical ability to run successfully against top defenses. That’s why the decision was made to play Perry so early.

Not sure I agree with all that. Malik is a solid runner. I think it more had to do with his decision making.

Advertisement

There was also another misread where the opposite happened. He kept it and gained nothing, whereas Homer would have easily picked up the first down and then some.

there was definatly something that happened that we don't/will not know (unless CMR is transparent). Coming off of the game Malik had against Toledo where Malik played great, perhaps something happened in practice or something drastic happened in the first two series, we just won't know

It felt like the decision making did Malik in early. I couldn’t be happier for Perry. After the pick, Richt told Perry, “don’t sweat it , you’re the guy!”

Advertisement
He was all out of sorts on the read option early. I see that exchange also on the broadcast replay. Looked like Richt wanted the ball thrown outside of the numbers to one of his wideouts, not only did he not do that but it looked to me like he botched the read on the run. Their convo appeared like they were not seeing eye to eye when the ball should be given and when it should be kept based on what they saw. Only 12 knows, but man 5 came out throwing darts it was fun to watch.

there was definatly something that happened that we don't/will not know (unless CMR is transparent). Coming off of the game Malik had against Toledo where Malik played great, perhaps something happened in practice or something drastic happened in the first two series, we just won't know
Yeah something happened, Richt planned to put in Perry for the 3rd series before the game.

I would be shocked if we didn’t see the torch passed. Richt leaving Perry in the rest of the way was all we needed to see. It’s Perrys turn and Perry had a very nice game. That is all Richt needed to see. I’m sure he has a boner now that the choice was made easier for him. He can now start molding the young ones.

Advertisement
He told him "best punt of the day" LOL

"He went ahead and launched a ball downfield that ended up being a pick. Not to be too funny, but that might have been the best punt of the day. Third-and-long, we launched it out there, they catch it and we tackled him right away - that was the best change of field position we had all day when it comes to that."

We're not the only ones fed up with what some may call punting.

Didn't Perry start out like 10 for 10 with 158 yards? I noticed his checks downs and getting the ball out quick was spot on. He hit Jordan several times with a 3 step drop. The ball was coming out real quick

When I saw those passes across the middle I thought finally somebody throwing to the open guys with room to run..Malik has thrown like 3 balls behind the LBers in 2 years.

Even Richt has said publicly otherwise. Malik is pedestrian at best running the ball. He thinks he’s much better at running than he really is.

He doesn’t want him running more than necessary is what he has commented. To say Malik can’t run on good defenses is simply false. Game alone he had against VT last year should put that notion to rest.

Advertisement
Back