Deciding which game to travel for next season

umhurricane2511

Always Faithful
What thinks the board? Bringing the wife for the first time

Home Opener - Would be a full house, tickets are cheap right now, not a competitive game (starters likely pulled after first half, except for QB)

Notre Dame - Revenge game, house will be rocking, tickets a bit more pricey

GT - My alma mater, was the last time I went to a Miami home game (2011), unsure about crowd size

UVA - Senior night so that's usually pretty cool (went to senior night vs BC back in 2006), who knows what kind of a crowd

Advertisement
Arkansas State - for the simple fact that the game might not even be aired on television.

Norte Dame no doubt in my opinion.

That's what I'm thinking too, it's just tickets are like $130/each.

Flights + Hotels + Food/Drinks + Tickets could end up being pretty high. But that atmosphere is gonna be crazy (I think we beat this **** out of them)

Advertisement
ACC Championship Game or Dame Game (if it's in orlando not NC)

Don't go to the home opener. Not worth a flight and hotel.

Last edited:
ACC Championship Game. (if it's in orlando not NC)

You would boicot the game in NC because of the bathroom laws?

It's boycott. While i think the bathroom law is ******* stupid and a waste of time and money i wouldn't boycott the canes over it. Charlotte just really isn't that appealing as a place to visit imo. Plus it won't have the same atmosphere as an orlando game would. (way more canes would travel to Orlando vs NC)

Norte Dame no doubt in my opinion.

That's what I'm thinking too, it's just tickets are like $130/each.

Flights + Hotels + Food/Drinks + Tickets could end up being pretty high. But that atmosphere is gonna be crazy (I think we beat this **** out of them)

I was thinking ND as well, but tickets are going to be pricey. With age and maturity, I'm beginning to realize that club or field level is the only way to go if I'm only going to 1 game a year. I may do VT just to keep costs down.

Advertisement
if ure spending money on flight, hotels, restaurants etc you mind as well pay a little more for the ND game.

Va Tech is the other option and should be a solid atmosphere and a key ACC matchup.

Last edited:
ACC Championship Game. (if it's in orlando not NC)

You would boicot the game in NC because of the bathroom laws?

It's boycott. While i think the bathroom law is ******* stupid and a waste of time and money i wouldn't boycott the canes over it. Charlotte just really isn't that appealing as a place to visit imo. Plus it won't have the same atmosphere as an orlando game would. (way more canes would travel to Orlando vs NC)

BOICOT

miami-marlins-protest.jpg

don't you tell me my business again

Advertisement
Arkansas State - for the simple fact that the game might not even be aired on television.

All games are aired somewhere.

I sure ROK was kidding around but yes every game has to be televised because of the NCAA instant replay rules.

Tier 1 Networks (CBS,ABC, FOX, Some ESPN, etc)

Tier 2 (ESPN2, ESPNews, ESPNU, Fox Sports Net, etc)

Tier 3 (Whatever doesn't get picked up by T1/T2 automatically has to be picked up for T3 which includes ACCNetwork and ESPN3 internet only brodcasts)

In fact ESPN3 picks up everything not on cable TV including Ark St vs FAU type games

If you go to Arky, we need to get together. I will be the one guy there in a Cane jersey and a U hat.

Advertisement
Out of those choices I would go with ND, I seen them in Chicago at soldier field where unfortunately we got throttled, I remember Coley dropping that **** first pass and ND fans gasping in relief.

Taking my son to his first game(v ND) in Miami, he's been to several Miami v GT games here in Atlanta and unfortunately took him to the ND game in Chicago a few years ago. Just wish he got to experience the OB.

Advertisement
Back