December 7th weekend visit updates

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
As we did last year, check back at this thread for updates, tweets, pictures. I will be updating the OP.

Friday

11:40 AM - Despite rumors that Ryheem Lockley would be here this weekend for a visit, that is not the case. I was told that the Miami coaches are still expecting him in this class and he will start out as a TE. If he does not make it on a visit next weekend, he might not be an EE.

Saturday

10:45 AM - Rumor floating around that Dalvin Cook woke up sick this morning and might have left his visit. That would be the worst case scenario for Miami, but I'm trying to confirm if that is true. (Check 12:05 update)

11:20 AM - I'm told there aren't any surprise visitors this weekend. The prospects expected to come made it.

12:05 PM - Dalvin Cook is 100% on campus and is "all smiles". A little under the weather, but he is there.

3:20 PM - Some updates from Practice regarding recruits

-Yearby was there talking a lot with Duke. Both are dealing with injuries

-Not really recruiting related, but Cook was wearing a shirt with a picture of himself in action and said "Dalvin Cook". Though that was funny.

-Dixon is 100% confirmed there. Dwyer won their state semifinal game last night and is headed to states

-McDermott, Gibbons, Darling all there

Sunday

11:50 AM - Allen Hurns walking around with Travis Rudolph and Johnnie Dixon

Here is a terrible picture of Al Golden with both Cook and Darling
137.jpg

4:45 PM - I will be posting a full report tonight, but here are some quick things I'm hearing

--Dixon moving the decision back is a great sign for Miami

--This will be a very tough decision for Cook and those close to him feel like he is genuinely torn right now.

--I continue to hear that Miami landing Cook would also give them a very, very good shot with Ermon Lane.

--After this weekend, Miami's chances with Rudolph rose drastically. Both of his parents want him here. Coley is in-homing with him today too

--Overall, staff felt great about everything that came from the weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
As we did last year, check back at this thread for updates, tweets, pictures. I will be updating the OP.

Friday

11:40 AM - Despite rumors that Ryheem Lockley would be here this weekend for a visit, that is not the case. I was told that the Miami coaches are still expecting him in this class and he will start out as a TE. If he does not make it on a visit next weekend, he might not be an EE.

Peter how did coleys in home visit with cook go last night?

Advertisement
So back in the late 1930's/early 1940's the Japanese government did not like the fact that the United States had too much control over the global oil markets. So on December 7th.... :manicrolleyes:

Do tell?

A day that will live in infamy.

Never heard that the Global Oil Markets had anything to do with Pearl Harbor. Hmm, you learn something new everyday.

yep the more things change the more they stay the same.

Advertisement
So back in the late 1930's/early 1940's the Japanese government did not like the fact that the United States had too much control over the global oil markets. So on December 7th.... :manicrolleyes:

Do tell?

Never heard that the Global Oil Markets had anything to do with Pearl Harbor. Hmm, you learn something new everyday.

More like the clash of American interests with those of the Japanese. American imperialism versus Japanese imperialism and something had to give.

Getting back to the point, a day that will live in infamy, would not be a good reference for this weekend.
That reference implies very bad things occurring for us.

I'd rather the weekend be glorious than infamous.

Do tell?

...the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.
You're joking right? LMFAO **** plz tell me you were being sarcastic... like I beg of you

Advertisement
Back