December 5th Draft decision updates

View as article
Staying another year doesn’t guarantee a higher draft spot. Matt Lee has been great for us but centers very rarely get drafted early and I’m not sure there’s much more he can do to improve his stock. He’s not some third year player who doesn’t have a ton of on field experience. If he’s a late round pick, that’s kind of what he is at this point. Now, thanks to NIL, he doesn’t have to leave because he needs money, so that’s nice. But the whole “He’s not ready” argument is stupid. This is as ready as he’s going to be. I’d put Kiko in the same boat. Coming back for another year isn’t going to make him an athletic linebacker who can all of the sudden run with tight ends and running backs. He is what he is.

Advertisement
What really separates the good from the really good/great teams is that those teams get their fringe draft prospects to come back to school. Miami fringe guys bolt for the door - resulting in a lesser experienced player taking over a position, resulting in lesser results. I know its an oversimplification, but its a large part of our mediocrity.

Advertisement
Wasn't it mentioned before that McCoy has some experience at Center or am I thinking of someone else? If Okunlola gets healthy and makes a nice jump I wouldn't mind seeing Okunlola/Rivers/McCoy/Cooper/Mauigoa with Bell, Kinsler and others competing and rotating in. Obviously Miami doesn't really know what that have in Okunlola yet tho. Bummed he missed most of the season and missed out on valuable rotational reps
Possible but I dont know. I thought McCoy was the TE for a few years and recently went to OT. What ever happened to Tripp from IMG? I thought he was supposed to be an interior guy?

Possible but I dont know. I thought McCoy was the TE for a few years and recently went to OT. What ever happened to Tripp from IMG? I thought he was supposed to be an interior guy?
Yeah he's still there as far as I know. Think he redshirted

Staying another year doesn’t guarantee a higher draft spot. Matt Lee has been great for us but centers very rarely get drafted early and I’m not sure there’s much more he can do to improve his stock. He’s not some third year player who doesn’t have a ton of on field experience. If he’s a late round pick, that’s kind of what he is at this point. Now, thanks to NIL, he doesn’t have to leave because he needs money, so that’s nice. But the whole “He’s not ready” argument is stupid. This is as ready as he’s going to be. I’d put Kiko in the same boat. Coming back for another year isn’t going to make him an athletic linebacker who can all of the sudden run with tight ends and running backs. He is what he is.

Agree on Lee. Disagree on Kiko. He improved significantly over the course of the season under Nicholson, and has upside to climb the draft tables, IMHO.

Hopefully San Francisco drafts Matt Lee because I really want to hear interviews with him and George Kittle before they form their WWE Tag Team

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back