December 5th Draft decision updates

Advertisement
Advertisement
How high would he climb if he came back, stayed healthy, and had a good year? If his ceiling is early day 3 regardless he might bounce no matter what
It’s a tough decision because he could certainly make NIL money coming back. I’ve heard of a potential medical issue that could hurt how high he goes because teams aren’t sure how long he will be able to play. So I can’t fault the kid for giving himself a chance to go this year and give himself a chance to live out his dream. Certainly talented enough to make it as a starter, but teams are cautious investing higher picks in guys they have doubts can make it healthy to a second deal. Weird position though because it’s not highly valued in the draft and Lee unfortunately isn’t versatile enough to play guard

It’s a tough decision because he could certainly make NIL money coming back. I’ve heard of a potential medical issue that could hurt how high he goes because teams aren’t sure how long he will be able to play. So I can’t fault the kid for giving himself a chance to go this year and give himself a chance to live out his dream. Certainly talented enough to make it as a starter, but teams are cautious investing higher picks in guys they have doubts can make it healthy to a second deal. Weird position though because it’s not highly valued in the draft and Lee unfortunately isn’t versatile enough to play guard
And without position versatility, it’s hard to see a long term fit on a 53 unless you have some capital behind you. Not many teams can afford to carry a C only. Tough position. I hope he succeeds whatever he does. Good kid and good player

Thought it was conspiracy theory but maybe the whole "Burroughs has a shot to get back on team because Lee is looking to declare" stuff is true.

Didnt know Lee was seriously looking but like one poster said, he was always definitely a one year rental like Cohen. Cant ask for much more then he gave us this year. Hopefully we got someone ready to go in his place.

Posted these updates in other threads but wanted to keep them in one place. Few things I’m hearing this morning as guys near decisions in terms of staying or entering the draft

Matt Lee: as I posted yesterday morning, he’s leaning towards leaving right now. Miami was hopeful last week that he would stay but looks more likely he’s gone.

Jalen Rivers: staying in school of last night

Jared Harrison-Hunte: huge one for Miami here. Leaning towards staying in school

Kiko Maiugoa: been going back and forth but still more likely that he stays than goes. Scouts are under the impression that he’s staying in school. Parents want him to play another year with his brother
Rivers slides to center for this year and makes himself a ton of money showing he can play all 5 spots

Advertisement
Screenshot_20231205_151207_X.jpg

@Peter Ariz I know ferman is wrong like half the time but this was floating around twitter I guess from yesterday. U still feel pretty confident that Kiko is leaning more towards a return? Ferman makes it seem like he's out the door

I have a cursory understanding of OL play but can someone explain why Cs are not considered that important? Is it a relative thing compared to other OL positions or is it a much easier position to play?

View attachment 269708
@Peter Ariz I know ferman is wrong like half the time but this was floating around twitter I guess from yesterday. U still feel pretty confident that Kiko is leaning more towards a return? Ferman makes it seem like he's out the door
Yeah Kiko isn’t as much of a slam dunk to stay as a week ago, but as of this morning the staff and scouts both expected him to stay.

I wouldn't be against moving Rivers to center and promoting one of the 35 tackles on the roster to LT.
Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

Imagine moving your LEFT tackle who I don’t believe game up a SINGLE SACK last year to Center and starting a young guy there 😂😂😂😂😂

Advertisement
Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

Imagine moving your LEFT tackle who I don’t believe game up a SINGLE SACK last year to Center and starting a young guy there 😂😂😂😂😂
Depending on who gets brought in through the portal, it's almost a guarantee that Rivers doesn't start at LT next year. He's likely headed to LG where he will play in the NFL

Advertisement
So if Kiko and Lee go, pretty much every single kid who even had a remote chance to be drafted is leaving LOL.

Miami gonna Miami.
The reason we can't get over the hump - aside from bad coaching.

Losing 4th-7th rounders to early NFL declarations

I understand in Lee's case. Kiko would be making an awful decision.

So if Kiko and Lee go, pretty much every single kid who even had a remote chance to be drafted is leaving LOL.

Miami gonna Miami.
I kept saying Miami was gna have 6 or 7 guys go pro after another below average performance on the field like always. Some will get drafted way later than they hoped per usual. But hopefully Rivers, JHH and Kiko come back. Getting those 3 back would be big. Always assumed there was a next to 0 chance KK, JW, LT, Cohen or Lee came back. It's the rest that SHOULD return.

I love Lee. Anyone who says he’s easily replaced is crazy not only because of his play but his leadership. Hopefully that void will be filled by a transfer QB with experience.
Kiko could use more time to work on his pass coverage. He would be more of a loss than Lee because he fits Guidrys D so perfectly.

Advertisement
Back