Debo

I like.what ya think

Hialeah (Fla.) High School standout recruit George Williams continues to consider the Miami Hurricanes, but UM has yet to offer him a scholarship.

"He has 25 to 30 offers," Hialeah High coach Marc Berman said. "Miami's looking at George. They're interested, but there's nothing concrete (with an offer)."

Williams will take the SAT on Dec. 8, and will set up visits after that. Berman says his understanding is that some programs, including UM, are waiting to offer until they are sure Williams will qualify for admission.

Miami is recruiting Williams as a linebacker, but Berman says "a couple of schools want him on offense (at running back)."

The advice he gives Williams when it comes to recruiting?

"What we do is we try to do the pros and cons of each school, look at how many linebackers they have and the academics," Berman said. "I tell him make a list of pros and cons and as you get close to signing day you announce. He'll probably announce before then, sometime in January."

Berman says that at this point Williams is "looking seriously at leaving the area, but nothing's for sure."

He says Hurricane coaches "like that he has a good motor. He plays the game fast. They just have to make a decision with what they want to do."

Advertisement
Advertisement
Seems like he's our backup plan for Thomas and Grace. A plan B guy we'll toss a scholly if NSD doesn't go our way.

I would take all three Debo, 6, and Grace..

I mean seriously we don't know if Ej and GT will make it through an offseason.

Advertisement
I would take all three Debo, 6, and Grace..

I mean seriously we don't know if Ej and GT will make it through an offseason.

Why do you think they wouldn't make it, EJ is a redshirt freshman, and GT is a gym rat.

Go canes

When Watching The qb highlights from Hialeah, Williams stood out alot.

He might not come here but I will be interested to see how he does where ever he goes. Stoops at Kentucky seems to be trying to get him there. Will see how it plays out

When Watching The qb highlights from Hialeah, Williams stood out alot.

He might not come here but I will be interested to see how he does where ever he goes. Stoops at Kentucky seems to be trying to get him there. Will see how it plays out

Been wanting this kid from day 1... vicious hitter.... would ball out on ST and would make a bad *** MLB... could even play FB for us after Hagans depart... we can use him all over.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back