Debate: Who would you take?

TheToadSage

Senior
Ive been a canes fan all my life, but I live in South Carolina near Clemsuck, I mean Clemson. Im having a friendly debate over who is the better quarterback. Brad Kaaya or DeShaun Watson? I, obviously, stand with Kaaya. Btw, my first post and wanted some different perspectives. Thanks!

Advertisement
I really like the athletically ability of DeShaun. He can extend plays with his legs but at the end of the day I want a smart QB that can dissect a defense and not put us in bad situations.

With that being said, give me Kaaya.

IMO, I'd take Kaaya without a doubt. Watson has the athleticism & the potential to run when there's nothing there...that's the problem
Miami will never have a problem getting talent in the skilled positions & I want a QB that can distribute the ball, go through his progressions & let our player in skilled position make plays. Secondly, every time Watson runs, there's a chance of him getting hurt. I believe the fact that Kaaya isn't as athletic, he knows that and allows him to develop more as a pure passer and how he read defenses and coverages. Also, it should help with recruiting of WRs to see that we have a QB that has completed pass to 11 different receivers, rather than the 1 that is always taking off if his 1st read isnt there. That's just my opinion & it's obviously to early to tell, but thought I'd share my thoughts

Advertisement
I feel that Clemsons offense is qb friendly, I also think he has only looked good against SC State and UNC.... I like the way Kaaya is progressing.

Both look to have bright futures but I'm not trading Kaaya for anybody.

Advertisement
Back