Debate Dallas vs Perine

DJ the most versatile back we have on the team

Cam is the best zone, one cut and go back we have on the team

Lingard was going to be special. I hope he heals to 100% because the few carries we saw him get were elite!

That second touchdown run against Savannah State showed me that kids potential....neither Deejay or Cam can make that play.

In case y’all forgot, this is what Lorenzo brings. That boy special.

The 2 TD runs here show why I think Lo is our best RB:

1st TD Run - Lo takes it to the defender at the goal line. DJ can be physical, but I don't think it's really DJ's or Cam's style to seek contact like that.
2nd TD Run - Lo cuts back through the middle of the D and works across the field. Cam mostly works the sideline and DJ doesn't have that speed.

Projecting potential - I think Lo has the best size/speed/power/moves/vision full package combo - which gives him the highest ceiling.

Should be fun to watch once he's back to 100%

Advertisement

1st TD Run - Lo takes it to the defender at the goal line. DJ can be physical, but I don't think it's really DJ's or Cam's style to seek contact like that.
2nd TD Run - Lo cuts back through the middle of the D and works across the field. Cam mostly works the sideline and DJ doesn't have that speed.

Projecting potential - I think Lo has the best size/speed/power/moves/vision full package combo - which gives him the highest ceiling.

Yeah that run where he broke out was special, I dont Care who you are playing. That was next level stuff and you can just see the explosion and speed

I agree. Some will come in here and say oh but the competition. I’m just looking at them purely as RBs. Lingard if 100% healthy is special. He had good experienced backs in front of him in 2018 and 2019. With Homer and Deejay/Harris.

Harris and Lingard can be like Thunder and lighting in 2020 though.

I think we have good RBs overall but if Lingard is truly back I think he has the most talent and nothing to do with the 5 star rating. Just the eye test. Cam and Deejay wouldn’t score on that 2nd TD run. That’s the type of difference Lingard makes.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Dallas’ first name is DeeJay.

Perine’s first name is Lamical (rhymes with “comical”).

/end thread

Look at deejay more as a utility back.. great #2 type.. i didnt know much about the **** butwatching their games he is pretty good.. solid back.. can do it all.. on film he gets tough yards, can house it, pick up blocks, catch out of backfield.. stats are also in his favor? He is better back..

Jt4 and toney are both dynamic.. i take jt4 over any and everybody tho.. he just needs a offense that can showcase his talents.. toney is a playmaker tho.. seems to be a best value harvin in their offense

I love Deejay. Kid is a pure football player. He has great balance and is very shifty. I’m excited to see him get the bulk of the load.

This goes way beyond watching film

Still to this day this I can't believe there are still people in this fan base that don't understand what a tremendous talent thomas is. How many one handed catches doing a black flip vs lsu do you need to see from this guy?

We have not seen a WR on this campus like him since santana moss
I'd probably rethink that Andre Johnson been here

Advertisement
Dallas has much better traits. Scheme matters. Perine wouldn't do a **** thing in Richt's offense last year.

I'll take Deejay.

For whatever reason, people want to only mention Deejay's versatility without acknowledging that he's pretty good at running the ball first.

Perine is a bruiser with pretty good power. He can do some damage if you don't wrap him up. Team tackling will be important to slowing him down.

Watching Perine in a few games last year, the kid looks slow to me. Remember him getting run down a few times, as well as not bowling guys over when hitting them. Keeps the legs churning, though. Tough guy to bring down.

No idea what he did this off-season to get better—but wasn't overly impressed with him.

Agree with an above poster who said Cam Harris is better than both Perine and Dallas. Harris will be the breakout back of the game, IMO.

Advertisement
Aside from the fumbles, Dallas is the better back by a wide margin.

Perine had a very good OL and better offense in general to benefit from.

Dallas played with a porous OL, Rosier and Richt calling plays. And he played fat last season (poor S&C). Being out if shape is on him as well, if he's dedicated and Enos is who we all hope, Dallas will put up bigger numbers.

I agree. Some will come in here and say oh but the competition. I’m just looking at them purely as RBs. Lingard if 100% healthy is special. He had good experienced backs in front of him in 2018 and 2019. With Homer and Deejay/Harris.

Harris and Lingard can be like Thunder and lighting in 2020 though.

I think we have good RBs overall but if Lingard is truly back I think he has the most talent and nothing to do with the 5 star rating. Just the eye test. Cam and Deejay wouldn’t score on that 2nd TD run. That’s the type of difference Lingard makes.

I'm with you. With the eye test - you can just see the difference with Lingard.

I think Don Chaney is potentially the best of the bunch - so it'll be interesting to see how that competition plays out next year.

Both are good, neither are special. If they switched schools you guys would be arguing Perrine is better.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back