De'Andre Johnson?????

Vern like I said if the kid can give UM 5-10 quality Carriers a game for 60+yds with 2 to 3 1st downs and a TD here and there then he will have played his part.

You know what we have heard enough 3rd hand info about the young man from Vern, why don't we see if we have a CI article about the young man; what do you say Tito lets show the latest Cane some CI love to welcome him home with an expose (that's French for Informative Article which provides a formal exposition of facts.)

I am wondering if Johnson is injury prone because he was hurt in HS, Hurt at Iowa, and got hurt at Juco causing him to only play 3 games WOW I can see why UM took him as a walk-on in when scholarships are at a premium. I like the potential depth he can offer.

Story on Deandre Johnson Transfering and injuries.
http://caneswarning.com/2013/06/17/football-hurricanes-land-former-iowa-rb-deandre-johnson/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=Hot%2BTopics

Welcome to the U young Mr. Johnson and go canes!

Dam he tore an ACL again? Thats not good... Not sure about the health of this guy now... Thanx for the video he was never that fast but it looks like hes lost a step since high school but he definitely looks bigger and stronger and as you can see he can cut, I still say he's better than Clements, and Dilalrd from that small clip

Advertisement
Vern like I said if the kid can give UM 5-10 quality Carriers a game for 60+yds with 2 to 3 1st downs and a TD here and there then he will have played his part.

Sure a walk on is going to average 6.0-12.0 YPC and get 60 yards per game.

You see his talents if he his back from than acl (which im not so sure about) We have nobody behind Duke..and I mean nobody

Great pickup. I've always been a fan of having a strong group of walk ons. We've got 1 or 2 at QB, Kidd, Fentress, Tolson, got some real talent there thats making practices more competitive. The best teams in the country have the best walkons.

Tolson is the big hitter from the spring right?

Advertisement

Sure a walk on is going to average 6.0-12.0 YPC and get 60 yards per game.

You see his talents if he his back from than acl (which im not so sure about) We have nobody behind Duke..and I mean nobody

Tremendous "if."

Duke averaged about 6.8 by the way, walkons tend to not get carries. He is a walkon, if he doesnt commit a crime and holds the pad right he is a success.

Also we have guys behind Duke, just blackvern doesnt think they're good.

Last edited:
Well I am looking at it like this if they can get the stats I mentioned out of Deandre then between Dillard and Hagen they can handle the heavy lifting power running on the inside which would allow UM to redshirt Gus Edwards and Walter Tucker allowing UM to the opportunity to develop long term depth at the RB position.

Then if UM can add Gresham to go with Yearby and one other dynamic RB and UM will have a very talented stable of running backs.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Wasn't Alberrt Bentley a walk on? For the younger fans, see 1 NC game against the Huskers.

Did not know that.

Yes. He would ride a bike to practice and they tried to tell him to go away. He persisted and became a 1000 yd rusher in the pros, as I recall.

This kid's uncle would be Lonnie Johnson, the TE at FSU.

I can't remember how his father's career at UM went.

Last edited:
Bentley played 8 seasons in the NFL for the Colts and Steelers. He was the guy broadcaster Don Criqui was gushing over in the first NC game for among other things, his studly blocking. Just stuck guys and they went down. Guy was a stud, and IMO was the kind of find that hallmarked the kind of work ethic the program became known for.

Advertisement
Here are some highlights of the young man from his brief playing time at IOWA.

I think if he stays healthy an returns to form, UM may have gotten a RB that can contribute 15 carries a game and probably 10 TDs with 800+yds for the season. Which could earn him a scholarship for the 2014 season. Then he is gone.

Go Canes!

[video=youtube;q8p-dyCzBdM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8p-dyCzBdM[/video]

Advertisement
Bentley played 8 seasons in the NFL for the Colts and Steelers. He was the guy broadcaster Don Criqui was gushing over in the first NC game for among other things, his studly blocking. Just stuck guys and they went down. Guy was a stud, and IMO was the kind of find that hallmarked the kind of work ethic the program became known for.

I'll never forget the highlights on the Today Show or GMA the following morning where they said "Nebraska was the Cadillac of college football but Miami had a Bentley," when they showed Bentley's TD.

I remember conversations earlier that season where people talked about Nebraska as unbeatable by anybody in college football. They were so overrated...and we were so underrated.

paranos is thinking 15 carries a game and 10 tds and over 800 yards this season for the guy?
WOW.

paranos is thinking 15 carries a game and 10 tds and over 800 yards this season for the guy?
WOW.

If we get that much production from all the backup running backs combined I'd be happy.
If Duke stays healthy and get's his 18-20 carries a game he's going to break the UM single season record of McGahee.

Advertisement
Back