De'Andre Johnson?????

taught him in middle school hes a good kid
short and stocky not that fast but can cut on a dime... tore his acl senior year

heres a video from junior or sophomore year... hes not walk on material so shut the f up..if he hadnt tore his acl he would have had more offers..his game is similar to the north carolina running back more quick than fast definitely has first step explosion but can break tackles and make people miss low center of gravity. If anybody saw him in high school he was much better than eduardo clements as a pure runner

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recru...71313485&SIG=e1ae5badfce740742d113352a00b93d3

AFter seeing the spring game I guarantee you if this is true and he kept himself in shape he is our #2 running back I guarnatee you that.. he is better thean any other running back we have right now

Sir I understand your personnal bias, but to compare this kid to Giovianni Bernard is absurd in its puriest definition. Gio broke more long runs then i care to remember, the kid is a special back. Johnson as a said is walkon material, was he hurt at Iowa, if not he was fully healthy and just managed mercy duty playing time.

For you to say he is better than Dillard who yes is suspect but will surprise people, Dallas Crawford who can break a defenders ankles in a phone booth, Mo Hagen he will flat out truck over a defender, edwards who will a get you 4 yds every time he touches ball power back, and final Clements who before he got hurt was as realible an efficient as Fedex. Come on now get real i won't even mention our latest scholarship signee who by the way is the 9th fastest high schooler in America.

Like I said I glad Johnson will get an opportunity at UM to purse his dreams as a walk-on RB and special teamer, also if he does work out he can take 5 carries a game in short yardage situation which would allow Edwards and Walter Tucker to redshirt.

Johnson had good measurables coming out of school in 2010, but wouldn't he be a red shirt JR even coming from Juco.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/iowa/football/recruiting/player-De'Andre-Johnson-78705

Sounds like he had some issues with authority at IOWA, which I am not sure will work well with AG's style so this will be interesting.
http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=ncfnation&id=63443&src=desktop

I also stand corrected on Johnson not being ranked high on IOWA's depth chart he was their #2 RB, so its puzzling why he had so few carries in run happy offense.
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/01/iowa-boots-rb-deandre-johnson/

Go Canes
Paranos come on man Danny Dillard and Dallas Crawford? Crawford never even played running back man... And mo hagens? Danny Dillard? Your reaching bruh and you know it... That running back from Tennessee weighs 170 pounds e won't play rb this year if at all... And let's not crown Gus Johnson before he even steps on the field. We re extremely weak at running back lets not kid ourselves He's not Giovanni bernard but a poor mans Giovanni Bernard I'm not saying he's the same player but they run the same.. Ill say it again if he's actually transferring here and hes the same player at pace he is our second best rb (which isnt saying much)ill put my internet cred on the line..

Last edited:
Advertisement
Well your both reaching to make your points to be honest. the truth is somewhere between the two of you.

and lol at Vern calling Gus Edwards this guy
105.jpg

Vern Giovanni Bernard is a huge reach for a comparison but it's absurd to call Dillard, Crawford, and Hagens quality RUNNING BACKS Paranos. Hagens is quality full back. Crawford an excellent athlete but quality running backs that are not. Crawford could make some head way this season as a scat back but that's a long way to be determined.

And don't you edit gus johson for gus edwards Vern. I found that picture and it's funny. live with your typo. :ibisroflmao:

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wasn't Alberrt Bentley a walk on? For the younger fans, see 1 NC game against the Huskers.

I remember him. Wasn't during my time obviously but the guy was a stud. IIRC he went to the NFL and played a year with the Colts and that was it correct?

Vern like I said if the kid can give UM 5-10 quality Carriers a game for 60+yds with 2 to 3 1st downs and a TD here and there then he will have played his part.

You know what we have heard enough 3rd hand info about the young man from Vern, why don't we see if we have a CI article about the young man; what do you say Tito lets show the latest Cane some CI love to welcome him home with an expose (that's French for Informative Article which provides a formal exposition of facts.)

I am wondering if Johnson is injury prone because he was hurt in HS, Hurt at Iowa, and got hurt at Juco causing him to only play 3 games WOW I can see why UM took him as a walk-on in when scholarships are at a premium. I like the potential depth he can offer.

Story on Deandre Johnson Transfering and injuries.
http://caneswarning.com/2013/06/17/football-hurricanes-land-former-iowa-rb-deandre-johnson/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=Hot%2BTopics

Welcome to the U young Mr. Johnson and go canes!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Wasn't Alberrt Bentley a walk on? For the younger fans, see 1 NC game against the Huskers.

I remember him. Wasn't during my time obviously but the guy was a stud. IIRC he went to the NFL and played a year with the Colts and that was it correct?

If I remember correctly, he scored the winning TD against the Huskers. He was our starting rb. Played about 6 or 7 years in NFL, mostly with Colts. He was the ideal walk on. Came for free and played big roll in starting the whole thing. Fairly sure he is in Hurricane Hall of Fame. Out of Immokalee High I think. If this kid end up half of Albert, Golden just scored huge and we will forget all about Collins.

Advertisement
Heres his Iowa highlights, includes one game from 2011 and spring practices from spring 2012 before he was dismissed before the season. He looks like a powerful, shifty runner between the tackles but lacks top end speed. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get some short yardage carries with Mo leading the way. Either way, since he's a walk on, absolutely zero downside to this at all.

[video=youtube;q8p-dyCzBdM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8p-dyCzBdM[/video]

Last edited:
Vern like I said if the kid can give UM 5-10 quality Carriers a game for 60+yds with 2 to 3 1st downs and a TD here and there then he will have played his part.

Sure a walk on is going to average 6.0-12.0 YPC and get 60 yards per game.

Great pickup. I've always been a fan of having a strong group of walk ons. We've got 1 or 2 at QB, Kidd, Fentress, Tolson, got some real talent there thats making practices more competitive. The best teams in the country have the best walkons.

Advertisement
Back