De'Andre Johnson?????

The best teams in the country have the best walkons.

If you're talking about public universities with huge athletics department, I agree with you. And it's not necessarily only the allure, it's the fact that schools like UF and Bama have a much larger student population, more affordable tuition and a larger net to cast.

Advertisement
We have nobody behind Duke..and I mean nobody

Hyperbole and nonsense.

Question canefan Did you attend any of the spring games?

All of them. Next question.

And you saw a running back who is a worth a dam after Duke? Please tell me who and how you think they will contirbute explosive plays to our offense

This is a stupid way to not make a point. Most teams don't have a Duke Johnson in college football let alone a backup who is as explosive. If they don't have a Duke Johnson do they just not run the football? Last year we didn't have an explosive RB behind Duke and we were okay.

We have players who can be a backup behind him (Eduardo, Crawford, Dillard and Edwards). We also have a great OL.

Hyperbole and nonsense.

And you saw a running back who is a worth a dam after Duke? Please tell me who and how you think they will contirbute explosive plays to our offense

This is a stupid way to not make a point. Most teams don't have a Duke Johnson in college football let alone a backup who is as explosive. If they don't have a Duke Johnson do they just not run the football? Last year we didn't have an explosive RB behind Duke and we were okay.

We have players who can be a backup behind him (Eduardo, Crawford, Dillard and Edwards). We also have a great OL.

So Mike james didnt make any explosive plays? Really... Did Mike James not get drafted? Eduardo can get you short yardage thats it he cant do what James did and is coming off neck surgery we wont even know if he will be ready... Crawford is a converted 5'7 QB with no awareness and and talent to be a running back. He NEVER played running back at all in high school.. Dillard is an average RB and to me not Miami caliber id love him to prove me wrong but i have my doubts. And lets not crown Gus before he even steps on campus he is a freshmen. Add the fact in the two spring games i went to they didnt sho me anything at al while duke shined..to be honest our fullback looked like our 2nd best running back.. now tell me im lying!!!

Mo Hagens will be a beast for UM this year both from the FB spot and in the 1 back heavy formation we say during the spring game.

Go Canes

Advertisement

So Mike james didnt make any explosive plays? Really... Did Mike James not get drafted? Eduardo can get you short yardage thats it he cant do what James did and is coming off neck surgery we wont even know if he will be ready... Crawford is a converted 5'7 QB with no awareness and and talent to be a running back. He NEVER played running back at all in high school.. Dillard is an average RB and to me not Miami caliber id love him to prove me wrong but i have my doubts. And lets not crown Gus before he even steps on campus he is a freshmen. Add the fact in the two spring games i went to they didnt sho me anything at al while duke shined..to be honest our fullback looked like our 2nd best running back.. now tell me im lying!!!

I don't think your lying, just stupid.

I like Mike James but he is not explosive, his productivity can be made up easily.

Miami Caliber, what year is this? Why do people say this stupid **** still? Yes, the backups don't appear to be on the level of Clinton Portis does that mean they are unable to provide productivity as a backup?

No one is crowning Gus but he is a backup running back expected to do backup things NOW. EC and DC will surprise a lot of people this year, DC provides a nice wishbone feature and EC has shown flashes (if healthy). All these guys are backups to Duke who is EXPLOSIVE and a HEISMAN CANDIDATE.

To be honest, our OL is going to make a lot of these backups look a lot better than you believe.

A lot of people sleeping on Crawford and Dillard. I think they can both be HUGE factors with the right work ethic.

I like Mike James but he is not explosive, his productivity can be made up easily.

Miami Caliber, what year is this? Why do people say this stupid **** still? Yes, the backups don't appear to be on the level of Clinton Portis does that mean they are unable to provide productivity as a backup?

No one is crowning Gus but he is a backup running back expected to do backup things NOW. EC and DC will surprise a lot of people this year, DC provides a nice wishbone feature and EC has shown flashes (if healthy). All these guys are backups to Duke who is EXPLOSIVE and a HEISMAN CANDIDATE.

To be honest, our OL is going to make a lot of these backups look a lot better than you believe.

No... what is stupid is not realizing that this is our weakest crop of Running backs in over 25 years at UM. Jarret Payton, Charlie Jones, Tyrone Moss, Darnyell Ferguson, Cooper,javarris James. These guys werent CLinton POrtis either but they were Miami caliber running backs... Not 1st round picks but these guys still had talent and could get the job done. RIght now we have a bunch of Jags at RB who wouldnt start at FIU.. and that sir is troubling

James was a lot of great things, but explosive wasn't one of them. I see some very capable backups at RB. We're at least as good as we were last year. James got killed by fans for 4 years because he wasn't very good. Now, fans are claiming we're doomed because he's gone. LULZ. And who's "crowning" Gus? He looks like a pretty **** good player to me, and RB is a position where you can plug a freshman in and get results as has been proven over and over and over.

Advertisement

No... what is stupid is not realizing that this is our weakest crop of Running backs in over 25 years at UM. Jarret Payton, Charlie Jones, Tyrone Moss, Darnyell Ferguson, Cooper,javarris James. These guys werent CLinton POrtis either but they were Miami caliber running backs... Not 1st round picks but these guys still had talent and could get the job done. RIght now we have a bunch of Jags at RB who wouldnt start at FIU.. and that sir is troubling

LULZ. Gus chose between FSU and UM, yet he's FIU caliber. OK. Sure. Crawford was a 4 star guy, who is a great athlete, and was recruited and offered by major BCS team, yet he's FIU caliber. Eduardo is also a pretty good back. I think he's better than James actually. And I see how you left the Heisman candidate Duke off the list.

We see it really differently and I am not sure how Javaris James and Cooper could be back up, they both started so that makes no sense.

Also I would take Duke Johnson now in 2013 with ________ (fill in the blank) then Graig Cooper and Javaris James. Don't give me the weakest RB core in 25 years.

I think the issue is you are quick to write off guys who have NOT been given the opportunity to do anything yet. If you are worried about replacing Mike James, you are worried about very little. He was a quality back and I loved him here but his production can be replaced.

This guy Gus Edwards can play too, don't call him average because you don't like him.

Advertisement
Back