DE Romello Height visiting this weekend

Overall, his portal decisions have been misses and this doesn’t seem like anything that’s going to change the that trend. We’ll see.

As for that player I believe you're talking about, he gone.

Yeah, I heard the same a couple of weeks ago, but I was holding out hope for a reconciliation.

I previously thought a couple of other guys were gone too, and now it looks like things are swinging in a positive direction for certain ones. I'm all about second chances, particularly for sophomores, and I've been fishing for a glimmer of hope from @DMoney or someone else with day-to-day intel, but it hasn't looked good for a while.

Advertisement
Your calling Height a proven vet? Dude has 4 career sacks playing in essentially a 7on7 conference where defense is optional

This dude is a JAG and being limited on scholly counts id rather trust that Wayne who your counting as a JAG as a true sophomore to take that next leap maybe
Height is a veteran body with more production than all but our top 3 guys, 1 of which has dealt with 3 different injuries in 2 years. Not as much production as you’d hope but he’s had injuries himself.

I was very high on him out of HS. That’s when he was allegedly 6’5 215 already which clearly wasn’t the case. Not as much anymore but it’s a capable body that’s flashed the ability to produce more than he has.

The staff is smart. If Taylor/Guidry don’t think he’ll make an impact, they won’t bring him in. I trust the staff on this

Besides Alston/Cj this staff has had very questionable takes on dline via portal. Again not a fan of this unless there’s something we don’t know depth wise

Advertisement
Yeah, I heard the same a couple of weeks ago, but I was holding out hope for a reconciliation.

I previously thought a couple of other guys were gone too, and now it looks like things are swinging in a positive direction for certain ones. I'm all about second chances, particularly for sophomores, and I've been fishing for a glimmer of hope from @DMoney or someone else with day-to-day intel, but it hasn't looked good for a while.
Ahhhh alright, let's just spit it out already.

Bama offered Bain 20 million dollars per year to transfer. He gone. Sorry guys.

Height is a veteran body with more production than all but our top 3 guys, 1 of which has dealt with 3 different injuries in 2 years. Not as much production as you’d hope but he’s had injuries himself.

I was very high on him out of HS. That’s when he was allegedly 6’5 215 already which clearly wasn’t the case. Not as much anymore but it’s a capable body that’s flashed the ability to produce more than he has.
All but our top 3 huh? Well I assume those 3 are Bain, Mesidor, and Alston.

But since Kelly is still apart of this team I think it’s valid to point out Height has 4 seasons of experience to Kelly’s 1.25, yet only has 6 more solo tackles and the same amount of sacks. Wouldn’t exactly call that so much more production. lol.

Advertisement
I'm hoping Kelly balls out.

Its money making time. He's got a family already...let's go. Nows the time for him. Get and stay healthy.

But...if he doesnt...I guess a guy like Height helps sustain projected production. He's a fine P5 EDGE4 or 5. He was 3rd in sacks on USC. That's a player that can play here. Ymmv on snap count.

Still say he reminds of KLavon Chiasson. Idk.

I'm hoping Kelly balls out.

Its money making time. He's got a family already...let's go. Nows the time for him. Get and stay healthy.
One thing about Kelly that bothered me was that last fall camp, guy looked like he didn't make an ounce of progress in the weight room. Truly did look like he slacked off (maybe the baby distracted him).

But he needs to refocus this season.

One thing about Kelly that bothered me was that last fall camp, guy looked like he didn't make an ounce of progress in the weight room. Truly did look like he slacked off (maybe the baby distracted him).

But he needs to refocus this season.
This goes one of two ways. Going pro in something other than sports or he makes a career out of this. Bit of luck but a bit of work go into it too. Got to train your body...injury prevention too. Bad luck stinks...but...some can be prevented. Hope he's had a good off-season. He's got talent.

I think we will lose one or two of our current DEs when the portal opens up. Height is an insurance policy. Smart move.

Advertisement
Hopefully people aren’t still butthurt on what happened a few years ago when he was coming out of high school.
college gameday sport GIF

Advertisement
frankly I don't think anyone should care that he previously shafted us. we aren't a girl that needs to defend her honor. I just want to know can he help us. he has transferred from two big programs already. thats not a good sign is it?

frankly I don't think anyone should care that he previously shafted us. we aren't a girl that needs to defend her honor. I just want to know can he help us. he has transferred from two big programs already. thats not a good sign is it?
He is a JAG, no signs are needed. He isn't a good player. We are adding another depth piece, no reason to overthink it.

he isnt good. id prefer to use malik bryant than heigh tbh esp if theyre in the same position. rather develop the kid we recruited and brought in for depth pieces with higher potential vs a two time transfer who hasnt been productive in college.

Advertisement
Back