DE Romello Height visiting this weekend

View as article
Alston as well

Still not excessive. You saw how fast numbers deplete at DE a year ago. Mesidor and Kelly are injury prone, Wayne is just ok but doesn't really flash anything close to having an elite trait.. just a solid guy. Campbell is only playing DE in the spring out of necessity due to numbers. He's just that low on the DT depth chart. Rudolph won't play this year.

Jayden Wayne was the composite #84 overall player in America and aside from Miami, took official visits to Oregon, UGA, and LSU...and 14 months after his arrival he is "just OK" and doesn't have anything even close to an elite trait?

Who ****ed up that eval?

Advertisement
Jayden Wayne was the composite #84 overall player in America and aside from Miami, took official visits to Oregon, UGA, and LSU...and 14 months after his arrival he is "just OK" and doesn't have anything even close to an elite trait?

Who ****ed up that eval?
It's not a ****ed up eval.. he's just not flashed anything to this point that says you don't take a proven veteran presence at the position with high volatility and lots of question marks and injury prone guys. He clearly wasn't ready to play as much as he did and contribute at this level a year ago.

If he had a Nyjalik Kelly type of freshman year.. flashing with 5 sacks and knowing what he was rated... maybe it's a different perception.

Alston as well

Still not excessive. You saw how fast numbers deplete at DE a year ago. Mesidor and Kelly are injury prone, Wayne is just ok but doesn't really flash anything close to having an elite trait.. just a solid guy. Campbell is only playing DE in the spring out of necessity due to numbers. He's just that low on the DT depth chart. Rudolph won't play this year.
Exactly! What happened last year can never happen again. If our offense actually delivers we need an elite pass rush. Not a good pass rush, an elite pass rush to shield any deficiencies in the back end.

Advertisement
Not butthurt, but before Cormani, wasn't Height the last one to clown us in that type of fashion? Kind of speaks to his character.

Is he a take and can he help us? I'm not seeing it based on his current skill set and his overall production to current.
he hasnt been good in college. his trolling was worse than cormani

Maybe that humbled him a bit and changed his ways. Idk if he could help us but it’s another body with some game experience. Obviously the coaches know better than us. If he could be a solid rotational player then that’s a win.
being a bust does that to you.

Alston as well

And how many teams have more than 5 proven DEs that they rely on?

Mesidor was averaging 10 games per season (over 3 yrs) before last yrs injury early in the season. He’s a proven good player.

Kelly played in 12 games as a frosh, before getting hurt early last season at same time as Mesidor.

Bain and Alston are both likely to be reliable. Wayne was just a frosh last year, and will improve and has a lot of talent. Malik Bryant has basically moved to stand up edge rusher, and is essentially playing the same role now that Romello Height would be brought in to fill.

And if necessary, Lightfoot and McConathy could contribute.

Advertisement
And how many teams have more than 5 proven DEs that they rely on?

Mesidor was averaging 10 games per season (over 3 yrs) before last yrs injury early in the season. He’s a proven good player.

Kelly played in 12 games as a frosh, before getting hurt early last season at same time as Mesidor.

Bain and Alston are both likely to be reliable. Wayne was just a frosh last year, and will improve and has a lot of talent. Malik Bryant has basically moved to stand up edge rusher, and is essentially playing the same role now that Romello Height would be brought in to fill.

And if necessary, Lightfoot and McConathy could contribute.
I'm as high on Mesidor as anyone but 2 foot surgeries repairing the same ligament in both feet and requiring special cleats is not ideal. Elite player when he plays. He also came in to Miami injured and limited in practice from day 1 requiring a cleanup procedure.

Kelly came in injured and had to have some clean up done on day 1. Played through it as a freshman and then reinjured it and basically missed a full year. Injury prone may not be the right word but counting on them to be fulltime contributors isn't smart. In both cases, reaggravation and missing time is a very high chance... if Kelly gets back on the field at all.

If Mario's OK with it, I'm OK with it.

I'd still like to know what is happening with a DIFFERENT player on our DL...
Overall, his portal decisions have been misses and this doesn’t seem like anything that’s going to change the that trend. We’ll see.

As for that player I believe you're talking about, he gone.

Overall, his portal decisions have been misses and this doesn’t seem like anything that’s going to change the that trend. We’ll see.

Slam Dunk Wow GIF by NBA

Advertisement
Hopefully he's significantly better than Lichtenstein. In JT we trust...

Antoine Jackson not a take but Height a take? I guess it's okay if it was a Manny thing, but feelings matter when it's a Mario thing? Seems hypocritical to me, but I don't know the details.

Advertisement

Doesn't surprise me one bit. I've been expecting it actually.

I see 0% chance of Anthony Campbell being on this team come fall camp.

Mario does terrific with HS recruiting, but as someone said earlier, his hit rate on transfers isn't good. Too many guys like Campbell, Sagapolu, Denis, Jacob Lichtenstein, Thomas Gore and Marley Cook. Not enough Kikos and Matt Lees.

I'm really curious to see who is shown to the portal in the near future. Numbers don't lie and we need to shave about 10-12 from the current roster to make room for the incoming freshman who aren't enrolled yet and the 5-7 transfers we will likely add in the next window.

It's not a ****ed up eval.. he's just not flashed anything to this point that says you don't take a proven veteran presence at the position with high volatility and lots of question marks and injury prone guys. He clearly wasn't ready to play as much as he did and contribute at this level a year ago.

If he had a Nyjalik Kelly type of freshman year.. flashing with 5 sacks and knowing what he was rated... maybe it's a different perception.
Your calling Height a proven vet? Dude has 4 career sacks playing in essentially a 7on7 conference where defense is optional

This dude is a JAG and being limited on scholly counts id rather trust that Wayne who your counting as a JAG as a true sophomore to take that next leap maybe

Advertisement
Back