2024 DE Lawal "LJ" McCray, Mainland HS

TrumpyCane noticed every twitter "insider" is picking UF, FSU, UGA, zero mention of Miami

@Cribby and @1murhurricane changed their avatars recently

Fascinating
Arnold Schwarzenegger Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Can we point out some teams that aren't top 15 that have landed good to great NT types from the portal?

Give me a Juco kid and take 2-3 3* kids with the goal of finding 1 that can play in years 2-4. Numbers are needed!
Agreed, it’s a difficult position to evaluate so While it would be ideal to land some of the top guys we should definitely be throwing numbers at it. Especially since the position has had years of neglect (b4 Mario) and it’s one that usually takes a few years in the program to contribute.

I know he doesn’t exactly fit what we normally do at the position but I would take a flyer on former **** commit and Canes Legacy Michai Boireau. He decommitted with intention of flipping to UGA but appears he doesn’t have the Greenlight yet. Put him on the Anez Cooper plan (who Mario wanted as a DT) and see if he can be a factor in 2 to 3 years.

Didn’t see your previous comment and was only commenting on the “only a junior” statement. In any event, if Kirby spent the last 2 seasons striking out on every top level CB he targeted and Ellis was his only CB commit I’m sure the narrative around him would be different.
Yea I hear your argument. But we signed a great last cycle. And this cycle, is top ten and it’s October. Lot of time for improvement still. If we want to say that he has whiffing at specific position like DT. Fair. But to say in general Mario is getting bodied on the trail is an exaggeration IMO.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Blowhard via Bartow doesn't sound as confident as of this moment.

— I do not have a great read on what he’s going to do. I think the main reason for my uncertainty is that FSU (or any other school to my knowledge) has not gotten word on where he’s headed.

— At the beginning of the week, I felt UGA was FSU’s biggest competition. I now think the biggest threat to FSU is their in-state rival, Florida. Miami is still in this with Auburn and Georgia seemingly now on the outside.

— I’ve heard conflicting info on whether staffs believe they’ll get word of a decision from McCray prior to his public announcement. A good source let me know last night that they think he will inform coaches of his choice beforehand. We’ll see on that.

— It’s been extremely difficult to obtain extensive information on this recruitment. I hope to know more by the end of the day.

Advertisement
Back