2023 DE Jayden Wayne (Commits to the Canes!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Which is totally the problem with people on this board

I know Wayne and brown are different positions but Wayne is way more critical of a piece for us than brown would be
Getting Wayne could possibly be the most impressive feat yet

Take a kid directly away from the SEC monsters where these kids go 10/10 times?

I mean this is THE GUY we never have a chance with in the past. Maybe other than a monster DT

Which is totally the problem with people on this board

I know Wayne and brown are different positions but Wayne is way more critical of a piece for us than brown would be
Agree with you, but there’s also more to talk about with brown’s recruitment than Wayne right now.

Still, the page discrepancy isn’t indicative of how instrumental Wayne would be to this pass rush.

No he probably would. And who cares? Are you really miffed young guys got playing time in a blowout?
I’m not “miffed” that the young guys got playing time in a blowout.

I’m “miffed” that his sorry *** ran the ball for almost the entire 4th quarter to run out the clock, and he didn’t just keep on playing the same way with the backups.

In order for a young QB to develop and build a relationship with his receivers he’s got to get real in game experience, meaning he actually has to throw the ball, and run the offense as it is usually run.

This is another reason why we’ve sucked for so long. J.J., Dennis and Butch didn’t give a fugg what anyone said about “running up the score”, their job was to have the team playing on all cylinders and humming like a well oiled machine, not to cuddle the other team and not hurt their feelings.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Agree with you, but there’s also more to talk about with brown’s recruitment than Wayne right now.

Still, the page discrepancy isn’t indicative of how instrumental Wayne would be to this pass rush.

CIS threads of highly ranked kids that show interest then go elsewhere are always 2-3x the number of pages as threads with highly ranked kids that commit to us. Robby Washington's threads are 10 pages and 22 pages long = 32 combined vs. Brown's 83 page thread. Yet Robbt is the more impressive Wide Receiver.

CIS threads of highly ranked kids that show interest then go elsewhere are always 2-3x the number of pages as threads with highly ranked kids that commit to us. Robby Washington's threads are 10 pages and 22 pages long = 32 combined vs. Brown's 83 page thread. Yet Robbt is the more impressive Wide Receiver.
What exactly is there to discuss when the players recruitment is str8 forward? We are not goinf against rivals and he is not creating drama.

Great post and facts!

Advertisement

I’m “miffed” that his sorry *** ran the ball for almost the entire 4th quarter to run out the clockand, and he didn’t just keep on playing the same way with the backups.

In order for a young QB to develop and build a relationship with his receivers he’s got to get real in game experience, meaning he actually has to throw the ball, and run the offense as it is usually run.

This is a mother reason why we’ve sucked for so long. J.J., Dennis and Butch didn’t give a fugg what anyone said about “running up the score”, their job was to have the team playing on all cylinders and humming like a well oiled machine, not to cuddle the other team and not hurt their feelings.
Miami threw the ball 48 times against FSU in 2020.

The backup, N'Kosi Perry, went 4-7 in garbage time.

You said it's important to give young players real game experience in blowouts which I agree. But what was more important for the 2020 Hurricanes: Giving a junior backup quarterback with almost 400 career attempts a couple extra passes in a blowout game or giving your two freshman running backs, who actually needed the work, extra carries?

Miami scored 14 fourth quarter points in that game. On their last real possession, they attempted 5 passes including their final scoring play, a 7 yard touchdown pass from Perry to Redding. They called three running plays on that drive. I don't really see any of that as "taking their foot off the gas". Besides emptying the benches, they kept the game plan pretty aggressive.

You can see a list of every single play from that game here https://www.espn.com/college-football/playbyplay/_/gameId/401234593 They ran 13 plays in the fourth quarter (FSU had the ball for a majority of the time) 7 called passes, 5 called runs and 1 scramble by Perry on a pass play. The final running play was a handoff to Robert Burns with 1 second on the clock to end the game.

Advertisement

I’m “miffed” that his sorry *** ran the ball for almost the entire 4th quarter to run out the clock, and he didn’t just keep on playing the same way with the backups.

This is another reason why we’ve sucked for so long. J.J., Dennis and Butch didn’t give a fugg what anyone said about “running up the score”, their job was to have the team playing on all cylinders and humming like a well oiled machine, not to cuddle the other team and not hurt their feelings.
This is just a myth. I was at most of those games, the home ones, and in plenty we ran out the clock during the JJ and DE years. Remember the '91 40-10 Houston blowout? We were up 33-3 at the half. Everyone likes to point to the '85 ND 58-7 smashing when JJ made Ara Parseghian cry in the booth. We mostly ran the ball in the 2nd half. We were blocking punts and returning picks for TDs. Manny and Coker weren't any different. In fact Washington refused to play us again after Coker hung 65 on them. And it wasn't from Crudup lighting it up passing in the 2nd half.

Reactions: DTP
This is just a myth. I was at most of those games, the home ones, and in plenty we ran out the clock during the JJ and DE years. Remember the '91 40-10 Houston blowout? We were up 33-3 at the half. Everyone likes to point to the '85 ND 58-7 smashing when JJ made Ara Parseghian cry in the booth. We mostly ran the ball in the 2nd half. We were blocking punts and returning picks for TDs. Manny and Coker weren't any different. In fact Washington refused to play us again after Coker hung 65 on them. And it wasn't from Crudup lighting it up passing in the 2nd half.
That Washington game was payback from the year before, hence why Coker didn’t call off the dogs. Same with Syracuse that season. It was personal. But Clappy, out of all our coaches, was happy calling off the dogs at halftime of games where we were up big.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back