2023 DE Jayden Wayne (Commits to the Canes!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of the elimination of the 25 per class cap, classes are going to be much bigger and the scores are going to be much higher for 2023 IMO. So a 300 score that might have gotten you into the top 4 last year might only get you 10th this year (just an example). Won't be apples to apples, so I don't think we can use the usual projection this time around.
True, you’re absolutely right I totally forgot to account for that. And while it will be OP for the usual suspects like Bama, UGA, Ohio St etc. I think it’ll play massively into our advantage too, especially with NIL.

I’m just excited for the season, and more excited for recruiting than I’ve ever been. We’ve got some great days ahead that’s for sure!

Advertisement
Because of the elimination of the 25 per class cap, classes are going to be much bigger and the scores are going to be much higher for 2023 IMO. So a 300 score that might have gotten you into the top 4 last year might only get you 10th this year (just an example). Won't be apples to apples, so I don't think we can use the usual projection this time around.
I think it's gonna balance as more teams share the top prospects instead of just 4 or 5.

Agreed. With no IC’s to stop teams there are going to be some big classes amongst the top teams I believe as well. If we land in the Top 10 (thinking @8th) then that’s a massive improvement over previous classes, especially with the talent quality and quantity across the board Mario is assembling.
8th seems like a basement scenario for me at this point. Like if things break against us on the decisions. My range is 4-8

He never adjusted , once people started catching on the struggling started. People like Saban and Riley stay adapting, constantly tinkering with scheme and personnel. Either you adapt or perish.
That first year in Philly was a fun year but then off the cliff after that. Doesn’t take long in the NFL.

Advertisement
As you guys know I’ve said many times one my last wishes is to see the Canes elite again before the man upstairs calls me home.Up until this year I had pretty much given up on ever seeing that again.

With what Mario and this band of bandits is doing has given me hope that my wish may actually come true. Since Mario was hired I’ve started to feel like the U is actually back and the rest of CFB might need to be worried like they were 20+ years ago.

My biggest hope now is after doing all this we don’t get caught holding our nuts when this musical chairs of team shuffling is done.Rad gives me hope he won’t allow us to be screwed but after seeing the corner Swafford painted the ACC into I just hope we can get out.

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏Here’s praying we can .
Total Respect.... perfectly said!

It was just wild how that all went down. The range of emotions of Richt retiring and then short time Manny hired was just what felt like the end.
The crazy thing is when Richt retired, had Manny gone to Temple and been somewhat successful, we may be working to hire him if we didn’t give Mario a try then.l and hired some other dumbwhit instead. That would put us at least 3 years behind where we are now…and not yet committing money to the program (with conference realignment a threat along with NIL). This was fate and even though we lost 3 years of life with Manny, we have a very bright future ahead, and a likely return to relevance which couldn’t have happened otherwise.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Literally 0.00% that both the Big 10 (dumb name) and SEC do not want to desperately add UM athletics, academics and the MIAMI TV MARKET to their conference. Miami and ND are the 2 schools that both conferences will trip over themselves to add. All of this conference realignment is being driven by TV and ND and Miami bring a ton of viewers and more than any other school not currently in the Big 10 or SEC.
The issue for UM will not be whether we have a spot, but rather which conference offers the best deal and fit and all the other stuff that our AD and athletic people will figure out.
don’t forget that our basketball team just had a nice run and looks good to go for the next few years as well
You make some very valid points, but I've seen people cut off their nose to spite their face. I don't trust the conference leadership and schools base of the Confederate Conference. They could ask for entrance fee or only receive a partial share of the TV revenue for a few seasons. I know they can't have different rules for different teams, but I'll never put anything pass good ole boys. They a devious people.

Advertisement
1656962946849.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back