2023 DE Jayden Wayne (Commits to the Canes!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do we think of this kid as a prospect? Tape is allright not great. He is an athlete but I don’t see a quick first step. Is this another DJ Johnson?

Advertisement
What do we think of this kid as a prospect? Tape is allright not great. He is an athlete but I don’t see a quick first step. Is this another DJ Johnson?
christmas vacation GIF

You don’t like the 6’5” 245 lb DE running bubble screens?
Hence why I compered him to another west coast kid we signed in DJ Johnson. Kid was an athletic freak but ended up a dud. There is no doubt kid is an elite athlete but my amateur eyes saw a very good but not elite highlight tape at DE.

Advertisement
Hence why I compered him to another west coast kid we signed in DJ Johnson. Kid was an athletic freak but ended up a dud. There is no doubt kid is an elite athlete but my amateur eyes saw a very good but not elite highlight tape at DE.
Twas a joke and you’re right but I liked his DE play as well just didn’t look like he had a lot of technique at this point, pretty common in a 16 yr old with that size and speed, he doesn’t need it yet

I'm assuming Size for his position

The WA DT/DE (Halton I think) from last cycle who was also playing WR was smaller for his position and only a 4 star

Give me the elite athletes. Give them great coaches and watch them work. That was our thing and we need that back. Remember high school recruiting is about projection, current projection matters but only to a certain extent.

Wayne is in another galaxy in terms of athleticism compared to Johnson. As has been pointed out Wayne is a 5 star based on projection because of his height, size, frame, speed and freakish athleticism. He has not put it all together on the field yet and in that respect he is a project but a project that you go out of your way to get here. Wayne needs to go somewhere where he will be developed and I can't think of a better place than UM. Get him with coach Field then have him learn under Steele, Strong and Salave'a.

Advertisement
Tape is pretty **** good to me. I love that he isn’t just running past OL he uses his hand really well. His athleticism is clearly off the charts. Apparently he dominated paradise camp. This dude looks like a beast and the type of kid you go all out for because he has 1st round potential. Don’t over think this.

Difference with Mario is that we aren’t gonna recruit just Wayne. We are going to sign multiple top DLineman every cycle so that when guys bust it’s not a big deal it’s just next man up

Last edited:
Advertisement
He has length, but that's really all I saw TBH.

Is he a take? Sure, obviously. Is he a 5 star? No

I don't see any explosiveness from the DE position. He get engaged by HS OLmen, and then sheds the blocks and uses his length to make tackles. And that is his highlight reel?

Idk, I just don't see it.

Isn't that what Greg Rousseau has made a living doing?

Advertisement
Dammit man. Mario just knows to do the little things. Something as minor as a follow gets Jason Taylor involved in recruiting without violating any rules.

We really have an Allstar crew recruiting our DL. Coach Joe and Stroud seem to be able to connect with parents effortlessly. Coach Wright appears to relate to the kids and JT is a HOF, nuff said.

As long as Mr Ruiz takes care of the $mall $tuff, and Mario is Mario, we have EVERYTHING and more any other school can offer. Without the depth.

We really have an Allstar crew recruiting our DL. Coach Joe and Stroud seem to be able to connect with parents effortlessly. Coach Wright appears to relate to the kids and JT is a HOF, nuff said.

As long as Mr Ruiz takes care of the $mall $tuff, and Mario is Mario, we have EVERYTHING and more any other school can offer. Without the depth.
JT will be a monster for us even as an analyst

The creativity behind this recruiting edit is elite!! By far one of the best made

I can't get down with that one. It instantly popped into my brain, the 1987 Topps Baseball card set. I didn't like the wood grain then or even now. Had to look up the year.

I get what you're saying about putting past greats on there, just the above for me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back