2023 DE Jayden Wayne (Commits to the Canes!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched 45 seconds of tape and can tell you why he is a 5 star”
Height
Length
Speed
Athleticism

Looks like a sure fire WDE, and he is athletic enough to play wide receiver. There are very, very few people in the country who have this young man’s frame, speed, and athleticism to play D-end and WR. And that combo makes him a 5 star. Think Javon Kearshe or Brian Burns measureables. He would be a tremendously athletic piece for that class.

The last recruit of ours to play d-end and receiver was someone named Rousseau.
I can tell you why he’s being downplayed, first 23 recruit to announce he’s coming to elite day and cis needs to Biach

Advertisement
Height
Length
Speed
Athleticism

Looks like a sure fire WDE, and he is athletic enough to play wide receiver. There are very, very few people in the country who have this young man’s frame, speed, and athleticism to play D-end and WR. And that combo makes him a 5 star. Think Javon Kearshe or Brian Burns measureables. He would be a tremendously athletic piece for that class.

He also has about 35-40 pounds as a Junior on Rousseau did as a senior

If he needs to look up the average salary of DE vs. TE he might need to get his head checked (DE's are paid double on average)
That’s what I assumed but i had not done the research, which is **** easy to do. Though Kelse must be paid pretty well.

Height
Length
Speed
Athleticism

Who is this Rousseau person you speak of?

Advertisement
Advertisement

Always hesitant due to the distance with kids from PNW but that’s the ONLY thing keeping me from penciling this kid in right now. He has already been down twice, will OV and wouldn’t surprise me if he came down on his own dime again prior to his OV. Long way to go but fingers crossed here. They are going all in.

Advertisement
Always hesitant due to the distance with kids from PNW but that’s the ONLY thing keeping me from penciling this kid in right now. He has already been down twice, will OV and wouldn’t surprise me if he came down on his own dime again prior to his OV. Long way to go but fingers crossed here. They are going all in.
I’m sure they are trying to get him back down for legends camp since getting him down for a spring practice would be hard.

Normally I would be too, but he’s Mario’s #1 target on Defense, I think it will go down to the wire with us, UGA & USC.

I think the biggest comp will be USC, with their White-Hot recruiting momentum, but I think Mario & Salavea’a can sell him on the success they had with Kayvon Thibodeaux & how they were able to get Cyrus Moss to Miami as well.

I actually think we get him, mainly because if Mario was still at Oregon I think he’d wrap this kid up with ease, so the fact he’s Tacoma kid with minimal interest in Oregon or UW lets me know he’s not just trying to stay close to home. He wants to go to a program that will develop him & get him drafted in the 1st round & Miami can always sell Rousseau & Phillips success as the caveat to equal the playing field for any high ranked DE we recruit, (Shemar notwithstanding) lol.

That is an awesome recruiting picture, the position pack. and something we are good for a bunch of positions at.

I can see he isn't super polished or filled out, but his ceiling is insane with his speed and athleticism combined with his length.

Advertisement
Normally I would be too, but he’s Mario’s #1 target on Defense, I think it will go down to the wire with us, UGA & USC.

I think the biggest comp will be USC, with their White-Hot recruiting momentum, but I think Mario & Salavea’a can sell him on the success they had with Kayvon Thibodeaux & how they were able to get Cyrus Moss to Miami as well.

I actually think we get him, mainly because if Mario was still at Oregon I think he’d wrap this kid up with ease, so the fact he’s Tacoma kid with minimal interest in Oregon or UW lets me know he’s not just trying to stay close to home. He wants to go to a program that will develop him & get him drafted in the 1st round & Miami can always sell Rousseau & Phillips success as the caveat to equal the playing field for any high ranked DE we recruit, (Shemar notwithstanding) lol.
Like the now withstanding on Shemar. Leave the door unlocked. 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back