DE Ford parts ways with Tennessee

sitzee

Freshman
DE Ford parts ways with Tennessee

Ryan Callahan

Four-star senior defensive end Marques Ford of East Bay High School in Gibsonton, Fla., announced on his Twitter account Wednesday afternoon that he has parted ways with Tennessee.

The 6-foot-4, 230-pound Ford had been committed to the Vols for more than six months. He took his official visit to Tennessee last weekend.

"Due to circumstances, I am (decommitting) from the University of Tennessee and opening up my recruitment," said Ford, who's ranked the nation's No. 273 overall prospect and No. 17 strongside defensive end in the 247Sports Composite for the 2015 class.

Ford chose Tennessee over Rutgers and Duke in July. He also claims scholarship offers from Arkansas, Clemson, Kentucky, Louisville, Miami, Nebraska, Ole Miss, North Carolina, Virginia, Virginia Tech and Wisconsin, among others.

The Vols now are left with 27 commitments for the 2015 class, including three defensive ends: five-star Kyle Phillips, four-star Andrew Butcher and Top247 prospect Darrell Taylor.

Advertisement
Dirty game to play with HS kids heads like that. Hate the SEC.

I don't pretend to know what happened there but, you are aware that all schools do that, right? Look at the placeholders we recruit and then "cool" on every year a couple weeks before signing day.

ALL programs in the big 5 do it. It's just that in the SEC they do it with higher rated recruits because a lot of those programs are either winning or are that much more relentless when it comes to putting their team in the best position to win. They aren't in the business to make friends or make BUSINESS look pretty.

Last edited:
LARRY SCOTT NEEDS TO GET ON THAT!! Or whoever is assigned the Tampa area... Let's take advantage of the situation

Advertisement
They have other DE committed that are rated higher and they are in need of LB...proabably making room for SAPP if they feel they can land him

S*itty thing to do a kid that was solidly committed, but thats the game of recruiting and recruits pull the rug out from schools feet all the time towards the end. Its just rare you see it happening the other way

Advertisement
I'll pass on him. Shelton Johnson & Richard McIntosh are both better.

After watching 2015 SDE Marques Ford's senior year highlights I agree Johnson & McIntosh are better options.
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2044046/highlights/206735388

I wouldn't turn either away but rather take ford if he wants in then figure it later, I think Ford can grow into an athletic big SDE that can set the edge and bring pressure.

Go Canes

Advertisement
I like him. Is there mutual interest you think?

He named his leader back in march.
https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/74511-2015-DE-Ford-Has-Miami-Leading?highlight=marques+ford

His high school coach said in recent interview that prior to committing to Tenn, Ford had a top three of Tenn, Rutgers, and Duke.

Article on Ford's Decommitment and his Old Top 3 per his head coach.
http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/blog/east-bay-de-marques-ford-decommits-tennessee/21958/

But supposedly Ford prizes academics which is wonder why he chose Tenn.

Let's see if UM can get back into his recruitment.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
don't forget this kid just turned 17 this kid is a true definition of a project.. butch Jones wants to win now he wants impact players not projects and i don't blame him...

Advertisement
Back