DE/DT Daniel Carson update

View as article
Not sure if it has been mentioned we need DTs . Top Dl Coach you figure Top DT would be begging to play for him .

You bumped the thread for that BS?

Not bs should be a big concern

You have a good point. I would figure more DEs and DTs would show more interest

Maybe Kool isn’t much of a recruiter. We all know that DJ reached out to him last year. It could be he selects a few targets and goes after them hoping his resume sells them on coming to Miami.

Advertisement
Or maybe butthawk is making a mountain out of a mole hill. I wonder if we make enough threads about the same topic can we send one a hyperlink for Richt to read all the complaints.

Or maybe butthawk is making a mountain out of a mole hill. I wonder if we make enough threads about the same topic can we send one a hyperlink for Richt to read all the complaints.

Our DT situation is a mole hill?

Advertisement
Not sure if it has been mentioned we need DTs . Top Dl Coach you figure Top DT would be begging to play for him .

Maybe Kool isn’t much of a recruiter. We all know that DJ reached out to him last year. It could be he selects a few targets and goes after them hoping his resume sells them on coming to Miami.

Bethel and McIntosh were 3 Star SDE
DJ 4star WDE
Tyriec Martin is another 3 Star DE may move to DT

Kul moves big DEs to DT

Miami should easily be able to land another 4* caliber DT.... shouldn't haveta rely on switching DEs to DT....nothing wrong with it...to take that next step tho.....Miami needs to recruit multiple big-time DTs like a top program ....IMO

I completely agree. And you could say the same thing about top CBs. After what Rumph has shown developing CBs, they should be lining up to play for him. But maybe Kool, like Rumph, just isn't a very good salesman.

Advertisement

Our DT situation is a mole hill?

Maybe not, but is it a mountain? How many threads will we have on said topic. I'll send the hyperlink to Richt the day before Christmas. Give him some good reading material.

When a guy can play end, it help with their quickness, we used to do this alot. Thats hard for guards to defend against.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
You guys act like we're not recruiting multiple DTs and don't already have a stud committed...

Exactly...

The magic word 1 . Last year too, heck in 4 years we’ll have 4

I’m not worried about it. We will still have an elite front since coach kool is here period. He develops his guys. It’s what he does

What’s kids ? Hard to believe Kool is worse recruiter than the last DT coach . Hopefully the 10th coach can help recruit DT and Lbs

Advertisement

I mentioned when Kool was hired he hated the recruiting part of the job. Still does from what I know. Doesn't mean he can't recruit but he is never going to have the energy and vigor some of these other cats do. He is what he is...a ******* wizard at teaching DL play.

You guys act like we're not recruiting multiple DTs and don't already have a stud committed...

Exactly...

I’m not worried about it. We will still have an elite front since coach kool is here period. He develops his guys. It’s what he does

This is not a knock on Kool's coaching acumen. But you have to be able to get some type of quality kids into the program in order to mold them.

Exactly...

This is not a knock on Kool's coaching acumen. But you have to be able to get some type of quality kids into the program in order to mold them.
Help as an aid to land Jeff Thomas(through his connections from east St. Louis) he recruited 5 star Terry Beckner dt from there

4 star Joe Jackson
4 star pat bethel
3star martin

4star Jon garvin
4star dj johnson
3star jon ford

4star Nesta Silvera
3star Greg Rousseau

That’s quality if you ask me

He has landed plenty of talented kids . This is an overreaction by many of you and some of you the posters are forgetting he is the best developer in all football. RELAX

Exactly...

Help as an aid to land Jeff Thomas(through his connections from east St. Louis) he recruited 5 star Terry Beckner dt from there

4 star Joe Jackson
4 star pat bethel
3star martin

4star Jon garvin
4star dj johnson
3star jon ford

4star Nesta Silvera
3star Greg Rousseau

That’s quality if you ask me

He has landed plenty of talented kids . This is an overreaction by many of you and some of you the posters are forgetting he is the best developer in all football. RELAX

Not to be picky but Joe committed I think to Golden and the block is hot guy with Wright and the WR who left... Bethel is legacy, DJ had to recruit Kul he wanted to come here, Garvin and rest were him.

From reading tea leaves, if its a under the radar guy or some type of connection he can close em. If he has to battle top guys (which we will need to compete on field with playoff type teams) seems like its more TBD at moment and that is being nice. Mind you, no one is perfect and he is an excellent teacher with a track record not many can compete with, you would just hope that with all that combined with the prestige level on UM as a school, the play style of our defense and the hype we have generated that would be enough to sell high level kids. Even Golden recruited a decent dline by the time he was **** canned so Maybe Kul will develop too. Its ok guys to point out certain things, this doesnt have to be a circle jerk.

Advertisement
Back