DE commits Johnson, Garvin skyrocket up 247 rankings

01Canes

Senior
Miami DE commits D.J. Johnson and Jonathan Garvin have just been bumped up significantly in 247 Sports' recruiting rankings. Johnson has moved up from No. 145 to No. 69 while Garvin has skyrocketed all the way up to No. 195 and is now a four-star recruit.

One of the biggest enigmas during this recruiting cycle for us has been California edge defender DJ Johnson. We haven't had a chance to see much of the athletic defensive end in person before the Under Armour Game. He's got strong film and he's going across the country to play at Miami but how would he perform in an elite all-star setting? He was really good and showed all the upside we suspected he had. Johnson moves from No. 145 to No. 69 nationally.

These rating adjustments are long overdue & well deserved. Savages.

247Sports recruiting rankings: Final Top247 for the class of 2017

Advertisement
DJ fell 34 spots on ESPN and it really ****es me off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
DJ fell 34 spots on ESPN and it really ****es me off

He fell?! He was arguably the best player on defense in the UA game

My point exactly man. Dude was a top 5 performer on D and OUT OF POSITION!
I can understand maybe a couple spot difference but from 28 to 62? That's absurd

Much deserved. I still would take Garvin over DJ if I had to pick one.

BUT I DON'T CUZ WE GETTIN' BOTH FAM

Advertisement
This is why I judge with my **** eyes , F stars and ratings. If I see a baller I trust my eyes more than these " insiders".

Garvin jumped off the screen.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Good for them, I'm sure they're happy about it and deservedly so.

I still find it funny though how they matter sometimes to fans and at other times they don't. Either way, on paper and on the field, they look like they can play.

LOL at Garvin having 500 sacks this year in high level HS football and being built like Aldon Smith and only being a 3 star.

Tells you all you need to know about the recruiting nerds. They're not equipped to evaluate anything. They see if Alabaga is pursuing the guy and adjust up if they are.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back