DE commits Johnson, Garvin skyrocket up 247 rankings

Advertisement
I am sure subscription base and politics play a role in some of these things, but the evaluators also want to look like they know what they are doing.

Call it a conspiracy theory, but I wouldn't be surprised if coach Kool is having some impact on this. If I were making recruiting rankings I would probably also take a peak at where commits are going and their likelihood of success at that place so that I could come back in a year and say, "I told you so." Call it the Joe Jackson effect.

I bet if we had some receivers committed we might see the same thing.

DJ fell 34 spots on ESPN and it really ****es me off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still top 65 in the country though

You can't be serious with this!

I agree with you but they always underrate miami recruits
Funny that our fans always say this but then always talk about how our guys underperform according to their rankings.

It can't be both people.

They don't underrate our recruits. Our fans overrate them. Sure it happens here and here but not overall IMO. Many years they take our ****** commits and all the sudden make them 3 star recruits for no reason. Or how about Robert Burns anyone?

Keep banging that same tired drum though.

Advertisement
I won't sleep comfortably till this next season starts, just to here Brent Musberger exclaim, " holy cow folks, those two guys are just freshmen "

dude why u guys falling for that foolishness? they already knew these guys was top talent. any time a player mentions or commits to miami these recruiting sites which are ran by the people we use to kick to sleep and their children, make our players 3* like i said and one of my threads go read, when it came to recruiting rankings miami always was barely inside top ten and barley outside top ten when we were winning championships. so who cares what these computer typing sites say, we the U!!!! sites don't make us we make sites!!.

I just purchased 500 rivals subscriptions to miami site to help our player ratings. you guys better be right about this theory, I expect some 5 stars.

Advertisement
LOL at Garvin having 500 sacks this year in high level HS football and being built like Aldon Smith and only being a 3 star.

Tells you all you need to know about the recruiting nerds. They're not equipped to evaluate anything. They see if Alabaga is pursuing the guy and adjust up if they are.

To me it wasn't just the sacks, but he just seemed to know what was going on out there, play after play. That pick 6 where he baited the QB into throwing the screen was a thing of beauty. He's got the potential to be amazing here. Should have never been just a three star player. Dude has all the tools to be BIG TIME, and with Coach Kool coaching him... man, I feel bad for ACC QBs the next few years. It's going to get very, very ugly in opponents backfields.

Garvin also got a bump on Rivals from a low three-star to a high one. Nearly a 4-star on the composite.

Advertisement
DJ fell 34 spots on ESPN and it really ****es me off

Still top 65 in the country though

You can't be serious with this!

I agree with you but they always underrate miami recruits
Funny that our fans always say this but then always talk about how our guys underperform according to their rankings.

It can't be both people.

They don't underrate our recruits. Our fans overrate them. Sure it happens here and here but not overall IMO. Many years they take our ****** commits and all the sudden make them 3 star recruits for no reason. Or how about Robert Burns anyone?

Keep banging that same tired drum though.

Message board era. Click bait antics. Overrate em. Clicks. Underrate em. Clicks

Advertisement
Back