*** DC/LB Coach WATCH Thread ***

SIAP, note from TOS:

“I'm not sure which direction Manny will go with his new staff opening, but heard from a source early Friday that former Auburn linebackers coach Travis Williams is indeed very much interested in joining Miami's staff. He's close with Travaris Robinson and known inside the industry as a strong recruiter. Williams obviously wasn't retained by Bryan Harsin, so not surprising that he would be interested in an opening at a P5 program, but just passing along.”

-Ivins

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Wait can we add 2 more on field guys? I thought it was just one spot left?
Shoop would be off field but the way I am reading that is, Shoop will help develop the game plan and do practically everything the DC does, except call plays. This allow Manny to hire a dedicated LB coach who is solely responsible for that position. Again that’s my reading of the situation.

Shoop would be off field but the way I am reading that is, Shoop will help develop the game plan and do practically everything the DC does, except call plays. This allow Manny to hire a dedicated LB coach who is solely responsible for that position. Again that’s my reading of the situation.
Short of bringing in a stud DC, this is the best scenario given the state of things at this point. I'd still be interested in having Muschamp, but this is still pretty good under the circumstances.

Advertisement
There’s several Baker to LSU threads and a couple various potential LB coach threads.

if you’d please, post any rumors, confirmed interviews, and so forth in here so it’s easy to follow?

If you think this is a bad idea, please go outside and play hide and go **** yourself

where do we post to thank LSU fans for taking him off our hands??

Advertisement
Why not bring Shoop in as DC?

Diaz can coach up LBs with Patke
it could be money or budget. if he's hired as an analyst, it isn't deducted from what Michigan pays him so he gets paid there and here. If he is an on-field coach, then what he gets paid here would be deducted from what Michigan pays him. Speculation but it could be right.

it could be money or budget. if he's hired as an analyst, it isn't deducted from what Michigan pays him so he gets paid there and here. If he is an on-field coach, then what he gets paid here would be deducted from what Michigan pays him. Speculation but it could be right.
believe this is spot on.

Advertisement
The one thing I don't like about brining in Williams is that means Manny has to continue calling the defense in the coming years until someone on the staff leaves and he can hire a DC or he turns play calling over to a DC who has either no experience or only experience as a CO-DC.

Not a good idea because when Manny decides he needs to give up playcalling and hire a DC... you’ve gotta take the title away and demote your best guy on staff.

I think manny hires a true DC. Don’t think he wants to call the defense.
Or you have him be "Co-DC" which is pretty common these days. We'll See. I hope you are right and Manny hires a true DC now that he has the opportunity, I just don't think he will. I have a hard time seeing a legit DC want to come here without letting that DC have some say in his staff. Hope I am wrong!

Rock solid hire.

C6QJPRHW4QF6KFDP7XJNW24TNDI4YNF2.jpg

Advertisement
Back