DC Guidry talks team prep for GT

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
1696283920621.png

In today's press conference, Canes DC Lance Guidry addressed several topics and gave a rundown of the team's preparations for Georgia Tech.

On Kam Kinchens’ Return
Guidry emphasized how vital Kam Kinchens’ return to the field is. "His leadership can fix things on the back end and make certain checks. There's a lot of confidence in him among both coaches and players, and his presence against Georgia Tech will be paramount."

On Georgia Tech's Passing Game
Guidry highlighted the skills of Haynes King, the Georgia Tech quarterback, noting his athleticism, ability to make plays outside the pocket, and his strong arm. Guidry mentioned that King, being a coach's son, has an inherent football IQ, further elevating his game.

Lessons From the Bye Week
After a dominant win against Temple, the focus during the bye week was on rectifying mistakes from previous games. Guidry elaborated, "We corrected some errors and dived deep into understanding Georgia Tech's offensive strengths." He also expressed concerns about Georgia Tech's wide receivers, particularly their speed.

Past Encounters
When asked about previous encounters with Georgia Tech's Offensive Coordinator, Guidry noted some evolution in his strategies. "I see a bit of a Georgia flare in him," he commented. Guidry also stressed the importance of containing the offensive threats, especially their three key players: the quarterback Haynes King, running back Jamal Haynes, and wide receiver Eric Singleton.

On Defensive Line Performance
Guidry was pleased with the defensive line's performance, particularly Thomas Gore, who has been efficient in causing turnovers. He credited Gore's quickness and activeness for his on-field success.

Improving Tackling

Guidry acknowledged that tackling has been a significant area of focus. "We practice fast, and speed is crucial," he said, emphasizing that the efficiency and posture during practices have probably aided in their improvement.

On Passing Defense
While the team might not rank highly in yards allowed, Guidry focused on pass efficiency defense, which is a more accurate metric to gauge the defense's success. He said, "We're more concerned about the efficiency than the sheer yards given up."

On Leonard Taylor's Performance
Guidry was satisfied with Leonard Taylor's recent performance, terming him as 'explosive.' He anticipates Taylor will continue improving as the season progresses.

Ahead of the Curve
Guidry touched upon the importance of being one step ahead and constantly innovating the team's strategies. While the immediate focus remains on Georgia Tech, there's a team working behind the scenes, advancing the scouting for future matches.

Personal Insights
On a lighter note, Guidry revealed he doesn't watch a lot of college football on his days off. He enjoys movies, particularly those his wife picks, and is a fan of the Miami weather and the diverse culture of the area. However, he joked, "No restaurant here matches Louisiana food."

Advertisement
He was very generous about Haynes King - the game against Bowling Green was painful to watch. He had a handful of good throws and then a lot mediocre reads and poor throws. Singleton shows a lot of potential as a freshman, but doesn’t get many touches.

Bowling Green got a lot of pressure on King, sometimes with just 4. GT rush D is still terrible.

This reads like a blowout in Miami’s favor, potentially with Dawson still not having to show too many wrinkles in the O-playbook.

No restaurant matches Louisiana Food????

Fire him immediately.
Haitian, Jamaican, Dominican and Puerto Rican food got Louisiana food in a headlock. Lol

SN: I worked in Louisiana for 4 months last year and it was the only time where the hospital's cafeteria would give patients packets of Chef Tony's seasonings with their meal trays. Louisiana is different. Shoutout to anyone from Shreveport or Lafayette. Good people and good food.

Advertisement
Our Canes historically have been very flat coming off bye weeks.

They have been downright offensive to be quite frank.

I want San Mario to show us he is no longer Big Manny.

I want Dawson and Guidry to curb stomp GT.

I want a binding UN resolution to stop our Canes from mutulating GT's corpse by halftime.

Qm I asking for too much?

Haitian, Jamaican, Dominican and Puerto Rican food got Louisiana food in a headlock. Lol

SN: I worked in Louisiana for 4 months last year and it was the only time where the hospital's cafeteria would give patients packets of Chef Tony's seasonings with their meal trays. Louisiana is different. Shoutout to anyone from Shreveport or Lafayette. Good people and good food.
Here we ******* go

Advertisement
When he was talking about Taylor he specifically mentioned his weight. These coaches don’t sugarcoat things

He also gave Susan a few “**** is wrong with you?” laughs

Advertisement

2 different type of foods. Shreveport may as well be Arkansas or Dallas when comparing meals. Lafayette or the acadiana area in general delivers when it comes to quality flavor of foods. But yeah, good ppl all around.

2 different type of foods. Shreveport may as well be Arkansas or Dallas when comparing meals. Lafayette or the acadiana area in general delivers when it comes to quality flavor of foods. But yeah, good ppl all around.
Being here in N.Louisiana(Monroe) I am about an hr from the Arkansas state line and about 3 hrs from the Texas state line so cajun doesnt apply to us, lol.

As for the La/Fla food comparison, I dont know as I have never been to Florida but I can this is that our food takes a backseat to no one. Just take a look at contingent of butterballs we have😂

Advertisement
What the **** did Susan do now?
It was difficult to hear her but you could get the gist that she was not prepared with an actual question and was trying to fumble her way to a point as Guidry gave her the “bless your heart” smile the entire time

Advertisement
Back