DBS (Safeties) 2023

If you don't recruit/miss on Hussey, you will regret it. He is the best safety this cycle. He is a boss in the secondary and is playing on a different level than any other safety I've seen in a while. Don't let him go to Lispy.

Advertisement
Yeah not sure what we are doing at safety but we need two in this class. So far all misses from this class

Now being a month and a half away from early signing day it's starting to get a little worrisome.... I mean I'm happy with those who are still verbal to us but I was hoping to have more locked in at this point.... Hope we can close strong with valuable need positions...
For 3-4 years, coaches build relationships and a sales funnel. In November and December, they have to close those opportunities (sales talk). This is when the real recruiting starts and Mario showed last year that he can close with the help of NIL.

Now in 2024, Mario better have a modern O. He also better not have DBs letting free runners by for 98-yard TDs against a bad G5 team. He also has to retain the best players on the roster that are buying into the idea that they have to actually work hard to get better (see the Deion video). He also needs to replace some coaches that aren't getting the most out of the talent in their rooms (cough cough DB and WR).

I think it’s pretty cool and disappointing at the same time. It’s nice that they will actually listen to people plugged into the area about players but sad that they don’t already know about these players and get “lucky“ that you send them their way.

For 3-4 years, coaches build relationships and a sales funnel. In November and December, they have to close those opportunities (sales talk). This is when the real recruiting starts and Mario showed last year that he can close with the help of NIL.

Now in 2024, Mario better have a modern O. He also better not have DBs letting free runners by for 98-yard TDs against a bad G5 team. He also has to retain the best players on the roster that are buying into the idea that they have to actually work hard to get better (see the Deion video). He also needs to replace some coaches that aren't getting the most out of the talent in their rooms (cough cough DB and WR).
I believe head coaches are also not allowed on the road or off campus during the spring. Thats for in person evaluations or even to just visit schools/HS coaches (stupid rule). In the fall that changes and Mario can get after it more during that Nov/Dec time frame. You also have the in home visits etc. Makes sense he closes well, at the end of the cycle he no longer has one armed tied behind his back and is free to do what he does best.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back