DBS (Safeties) 2023

gogeta4

All-ACC
Not sent to the coaches or anything. But these are guys I would target along with the STA safeties for this class .

Ive seen we offered kid out of Ga, i think were still recruiting the former Clemson commit from Ft Myers.

Here are some guys I like and would evaluate if i were us.

Would play him similar to how James Williams is playing based off of his size. He is a move around, in the box type...has possible growth for OLB.

I like the cut of this kids jib. Has ball skills and nice length.

Im also a fan of

If things dont work out on our main flips targets these would be guys i would look at first.

Last edited:
Advertisement
But with that said...

Jaremiah Anglin Jr the Ballhawk from Lake Wales would be a kid I would try to flip coming down the stretch to ENSD.
He’s a FSU legacy, but committed to Kentucky, which means he’s open to going somewhere else.

Kenari Wilcher from Clewiston is another sleeper to look at. Athletic kid with good speed & range.

I’d make a run at Deldrick Madison from Duncanville too.

We been getting pistol whipped on the trail in Safety recruiting...

We have pretty much nonexistent traction for any prospects at S & are last minute dumpster diving again.

That was something that wasn’t supposed to happen with this regime, but yet here we are.

I guess it’s a 3-5 year crootin’ rebuild too lol
They don't want to play in that Gattis scheme.

Advertisement
Not sent to the coaches or anything. But these are guys I would target along with the STA safeties for this class .

Ive seen we offered kid out of Ga, i think were still recruiting the former Clemson commit from Ft Myers.

Here are some guys I like and would evaluate if i were us.

Would play him similar to how James Williams is playing based off of his size. He is a move around, in the box type...has possible growth for OLB.

I like the cut of this kids jib. Has ball skills and nice length.

Im also a fan of

If things dont work out on our main flips targets these would be guys i would look at first.

Have the coaches ever taken your recommendations? Would be interesting if they have.

Advertisement
Who is the former CU commit from Ft. Myers?

Do you mean former Gator commit, Russ? Or current CU Commit Webb from Tampa?

Advertisement
I'm assuming it's not good
I said his benefit recruiting from within rather from the outside would be a lil different. Over the years following CROOTING..ive seen the s.fla coaches recruit better from Outside persuading guys to come away from south florida.

Mario though tapped his west coast bag in this class and is doing good just needs to close well.....and looks like they will have to evaluate some 2nd tier targets at db or flip from some other programs.

Like someone said they were lall in on Bonsu and AGUERO..probably felt real good there because we were on a hot streak.

I think they need 2 in this class at Safety still. The room has talent and most of its young..may also see some attrition but i dont think it will be from anyone we see getting reps now. Markeith Williams taking a shirt and needing 2 years to put on weight as well imo...

Also right me down as a guy that is not against bringing in this guy as a grad transfer or in the portal if he ever became available.

Last edited:
Advertisement
With the nature of the portal, it's tough to fully evaluate efforts at a position via the high school senior commitments. Safety is probably the biggest recruiting critique you can have on this staff...but I can't help but think the room is going to look a lot different next year with several new names we just don't know.

There are lots of stars in our safety group and one of the lowest ones is our best guy.

With the nature of the portal, it's tough to fully evaluate efforts at a position via the high school senior commitments. Safety is probably the biggest recruiting critique you can have on this staff...but I can't help but think the room is going to look a lot different next year with several new names we just don't know.

There are lots of stars in our safety group and one of the lowest ones is our best guy.
*S, CB, DT, RB & WR.

Now being a month and a half away from early signing day it's starting to get a little worrisome.... I mean I'm happy with those who are still verbal to us but I was hoping to have more locked in at this point.... Hope we can close strong with valuable need positions...

Advertisement
Back