DBJ and Joe are right!

I used to be an official. Most of the time when I called an Unsportsmanlike penalty it was not due to a gesture it was because of what was being said by the person making the gesture.

Advertisement
You are missing the point. Even if technically, 90% of our penalty calls were ligit, it is obvious that the refs are NOT calling the same or worse penalties on the other team.

98% of our penalties were legit. This is a poorly coached and undisciplined team that got its *** kicked by a real team. End of story.

No, you're missing the point. Even if they do call them on UNC, we still get our asses kicked. Think it's bull**** that they get away with the upside down U? Stop them from getting in the end zone, EIGHT ******* TIMES.
I don't disagree with you. Just saying officials go out of their way to ***** us. Just because a hold is a hold doesn't mean they should call it especially like Nebraska game when they took like 3 td's away on holds that no bearing on the play. Watching Baylor game both teams were being unsportsmanlike big time. Officials were going out of their way to keep game going and playing field level. All the ACC officials are horrible and on top of it they are completely bias against us.

Last edited:
Only they could spin a 40 point beat down to be about the refs. I guess the unforced turnovers and the 5 years of horrible coaching and play calling had nothing to do with it.

This...DBJ and Joe Z are the reason I don't listen to Canes gameday radio anymore. It's one thing to be incompetent and kiss ***...but these 2 assclowns take it to a whole other level. Hopefully they get replaced along with the coaching staff.

You are missing the point. Even if technically, 90% of our penalty calls were ligit, it is obvious that the refs are NOT calling the same or worse penalties on the other team.

98% of our penalties were legit. This is a poorly coached and undisciplined team that got its *** kicked by a real team. End of story.

No, you're missing the point. Even if they do call them on UNC, we still get our asses kicked. Think it's bull**** that they get away with the upside down U? Stop them from getting in the end zone, EIGHT ******* TIMES.
I don't disagree with you. Just saying officials go out of their way to ***** us. Just because a hold is a hold doesn't mean they should call it especially like Nebraska game when they took like 3 td's away on holds that no bearing on the play. Watching Baylor game both teams were being unsportsmanlike big time. Officials were going out of their way to keep game going and playing field level. All the ACC officials are horrible and on top of us they are completely bias against us.

You sound like a Duke fan right now. Just stop it.

You can still admit the refs were awful, while acknowledging that we suck, and would have lost regardless. It's really not a difficult concept.

Agreed. Yet it is for 90% of the posters on this board. Every issue discussed is one side or the other......Can't discuss Butch's flaws without being labeled to hate him or discuss that Kaaya is overrated without it being the coaches suck

it is entirely possible that:
- we suck and the officials are bad/******** us
- Kaaya is overrated, the OL sucks and coaching is **** poor
- Yearby is too slow and the OL sucks
- Butch has flaws and he may be a good choice for UM

There is also not one person arguing the officials should not call offsides or illegal formation. Everyone is pointing out that throwing the flag on Coley but not on 2-3 crotch chops and their receiver kicking our DB on the ground is inequitable, because we are the U.

Advertisement
There wasn't any way that the Tabacki Road boys were going to let another top25 ACC team get beat by Miami. Once again, the penalties were lopsided. If it wasn't so pathetically obvious, it would have been funny. The upside down U, the throat slash, the Coley "taunt", no holding calls all game by NC, the PI's. But the JJ quote is a cautionary tale. You know it's going to happen, expect it, overcome it. Our team isn't good enough to overcome it. That being said, complaining about the refs this morning is like someone complaining about the deck chairs on the Titanic.

They were kind of tilted tho, amiright?

Only they could spin a 40 point beat down to be about the refs. I guess the unforced turnovers and the 5 years of horrible coaching and play calling had nothing to do with it.

Nobody is saying it would have changed the outcome but it was very clearly officiated one sided

I don't think that there is a reason to even argue about this because both of your points are valid. The officiating didn't cost us that game but very easily could have if we had a competent staff and the game was close. There is no way anybody that doesn't completely hate Miami can argue that we get officiated differently than anybody else in the conference. It is painfully obvious and I don't feel that the conference even tries to hide it.

Advertisement
There wasn't any way that the Tabacki Road boys were going to let another top25 ACC team get beat by Miami. Once again, the penalties were lopsided. If it wasn't so pathetically obvious, it would have been funny. The upside down U, the throat slash, the Coley "taunt", no holding calls all game by NC, the PI's. But the JJ quote is a cautionary tale. You know it's going to happen, expect it, overcome it. Our team isn't good enough to overcome it. That being said, complaining about the refs this morning is like someone complaining about the deck chairs on the Titanic.

They were kind of tilted tho, amiright?

Like a pinball machine

Advertisement
They said this morning on the radio that it is obvious that Miami will not be allowed any leeway. Essentially said that Miami is going to be officiated under a different set of rules than every other team.
This was seen when Coley was called for a 15 yard celebration penalty after a minor hand shaking after a catch, but UNC QB Williams made an upside U over his crotch after their TD and not a **** thing from the officials.

Like Jimmy Johnson said, do not put it in the hands of the officials. Their anti Miami bias is not only blatant, but is now OFFICIAL POLICY.

nothing new. it's been this way for decades.

Advertisement
Back