DBJ and Joe are right!

rejuvaphan

Recruit
They said this morning on the radio that it is obvious that Miami will not be allowed any leeway. Essentially said that Miami is going to be officiated under a different set of rules than every other team.
This was seen when Coley was called for a 15 yard celebration penalty after a minor hand shaking after a catch, but UNC QB Williams made an upside U over his crotch after their TD and not a **** thing from the officials.

Like Jimmy Johnson said, do not put it in the hands of the officials. Their anti Miami bias is not only blatant, but is now OFFICIAL POLICY.

Advertisement
Only they could spin a 40 point beat down to be about the refs. I guess the unforced turnovers and the 5 years of horrible coaching and play calling had nothing to do with it.

They said this morning on the radio that it is obvious that Miami will not be allowed any leeway. Essentially said that Miami is going to be officiated under a different set of rules than every other team.
This was seen when Coley was called for a 15 yard celebration penalty after a minor hand shaking after a catch, but UNC QB Williams made an upside U over his crotch after their TD and not a **** thing from the officials.

Like Jimmy Johnson said, do not put it in the hands of the officials. Their anti Miami bias is not only blatant, but is now OFFICIAL POLICY.

Yep that is what was said. I can remember when we were so good, it didn't matter how many flags were thrown, we won. While sitting in the WEZ in the Orange Bowl (May She RIP) we used to yell, "throw the flag ref" and he would and we would dominate no matter how many penalties against us. Fun times, sadly no more.

We are near good enough or talented enough to fight the world and the refs.

Only they could spin a 40 point beat down to be about the refs. I guess the unforced turnovers and the 5 years of horrible coaching and play calling had nothing to do with it.

Nobody is saying it would have changed the outcome but it was very clearly officiated one sided

Advertisement
There wasn't any way that the Tabacki Road boys were going to let another top25 ACC team get beat by Miami. Once again, the penalties were lopsided. If it wasn't so pathetically obvious, it would have been funny. The upside down U, the throat slash, the Coley "taunt", no holding calls all game by NC, the PI's. But the JJ quote is a cautionary tale. You know it's going to happen, expect it, overcome it. Our team isn't good enough to overcome it. That being said, complaining about the refs this morning is like someone complaining about the deck chairs on the Titanic.

That Switzer kid did the same thing after his punt return for a TD. ****, if a Miami player passes gas and an official hears it, it's unsportsman like conduct. I also thought it was a bad call that they didn't throw a flag when UNC ran into our punter. Instead we got a flag for not letting Switzer cleanly catch a fair catch.

Advertisement
You can still admit the refs were awful, while acknowledging that we suck, and would have lost regardless. It's really not a difficult concept.

Worst officiating I've ever seen. I knew it as soon as they ran into our kicker but called us for not giving the returner enough room. The wr kicked TH3 right in front of the ref....no flag. The dl hit Kaaya right in the ear hole with the top of his helmet, multiple pi, holding, etc. Watching the Houston and Memphis game, Houston wr stood over the Memphis db for about 5 sec, no call. Stacy Coley bobs his head.....flag.

Its been like this for years, **** last year there were so many horrible calls and no calls in the FSU game (should have won anyway) yesterday was a disgrace and those officials should be the ones suspended

When Yearby was hit out of bounds that series fizzled. The very next series they call a PF for hitting Williams out of bounds. 1/2 the distance to the goal = score. That was the beginning of the end. Sadly, it was 1st quarter.

If you can't at least acknowledge that it does stack the deck against the team in a very clear way then whatever. I just don't know what you tell players who work and sacrifice just as much as the other team that they will get FVCKed no matter what. To be honest, I'd give up, too.

Advertisement
Nonsense. We got are azzes kicked! OL and DL has zero discipline. Always jumping offsides, holding. And Coley taunted straight at the UNC player. That's called everywhere.

I obviously don't think we lost because of the officials. What happens is they make a couple calls early that seem innocent but flip the field or take a first down away or call a penalty to take a turnover away and gets the momentum going for our opponents. Along with taking ours away. For example I thought Yearby had a run for a first down where he was tacked by the head not just in the white out of bounds but past the white announcers never said a thing. Again another run for a first down to our sideline and there was clearly a subtle shove that sent Yearby flying and nothing was said. Not even objections by us. Like it's just the way it is. Their QB is right on the edge of playing field and out of bounds and Jenkins pushed him and a flag immediately came in from 20 yards away. My favorite was their punt returner fumbling a fair catch we recover the announcers laugh and say several Miami player ran into him. Replay which we only got one view of showed nobody touched him. Go to commercial and it's all good. That's all in first quarter. We get a big first down run and twice they call illegal formation which took first downs away. Our tackle was slightly off line of scrimmage(which you can call on every play against every team) only called on 3rd down plays when we had gains for first downs. Then once we loose some momentum and opponent gains some they let us self destruct. Officiating played a big part in our game. We are not good enough to over come a whole lot of adversity and God knows we don't have any coaching. We stink but the officials always give us a nice shove down that road of failure. Without a coach it has to feel kind of hopeless for players. In reality it is. UNC had zero penalties ZERO until late 3rd qrt. They don't even try to hide it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
98% of our penalties were legit. This is a poorly coached and undisciplined team that got its *** kicked by a real team. End of story.

You are missing the point. Even if technically, 90% of our penalty calls were ligit, it is obvious that the refs are NOT calling the same or worse penalties on the other team.

98% of our penalties were legit. This is a poorly coached and undisciplined team that got its *** kicked by a real team. End of story.

You are missing the point. Even if technically, 90% of our penalty calls were ligit, it is obvious that the refs are NOT calling the same or worse penalties on the other team.

No, you're missing the point. Even if they do call them on UNC, we still get our asses kicked. Think it's bull**** that they get away with the upside down U? Stop them from getting in the end zone, EIGHT ******* TIMES.

Considering that Joe Z and DBJ are the two most incompetent, *** kissing fans in the entire fanbase....I'd pump the brakes,

Everything gets highlighted when you lose. "The way Miami gets officiated" is WAYYY down the list of things we should be worried about or talking about right now.

What Joe Z and DBJ should be talking about is how incompetent and apathetic the administration has been the last 10 years and how Al Golden somehow found a way to amass the worst staff in the history of college football. I still have no ******* clue as to how James Coley and Onfrio are coordinators at the division 1 level.

But you won't hear Joe Z and DBJ talk about that....nah...let's focus on meaningless officiating and other obscure things to spin some extra sunshine. I stopped listing to those 2 assclowns years ago...simply unbearable.

Advertisement
Back