DBC x Portnoy

Advertisement
Add another Canes coach to the list that this fanbase (myself included) decided to ignore all outside noise about…. And of course the outside noise was dead accurate.

Should have listened to the portnoys (Michigan fans) of the world, the Zach smith of the world, mike locksleys of the world etc. Instead we’re neck deep in the canes kool aid so we decided to ignore all of the MANY red flags about this guy smh.

Advertisement

Starts around 5m mark

Gattis breakdown at 12m 30s

:dbc:

For those that were around when DBC came into the spotlight(Grassy) this whole DBC craze is the funniest thing I've ever seen. I mean this is a guy that was made fun of and kept coming back fighting through the insults to stay relevant. The fact that media looks to him for his input is mind boggling. It's exactly like our coaching hires since Butch. I mean WOW!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
You going to Dolphins at Bears in a few weeks?
Might head to the tailgate. My old man does a big tailgate with his buddies every year and I think they are doing the Dolphins game or the Lions which is the following week. You making the trip up?

Might head to the tailgate. My old man does a big tailgate with his buddies every year and I think they are doing the Dolphins game or the Lions which is the following week. You making the trip up?

I’m coming down from Madison Wis with the wife who is a Bears fan.

I hope to be partying balls celebrating an FSU victory the day before

I’m coming down from Madison Wis with the wife who is a Bears fan.

I hope to be partying balls celebrating an FSU victory the day before
Nice hoping to be a nice weekend weather wise. Went to the Bears Ravens tailgate last year, that was a great time.

Advertisement
Add another Canes coach to the list that this fanbase (myself included) decided to ignore all outside noise about…. And of course the outside noise was dead accurate.

Should have listened to the portnoys (Michigan fans) of the world, the Zach smith of the world, mike locksleys of the world etc. Instead we’re neck deep in the canes kool aid so we decided to ignore all of the MANY red flags about this guy smh.

Mario took who he felt was best available at the time, as he swung for a few guys that he couldn't land. So it goes. All this could've, should've, would've is silly.

As of early January it was Brian McClendon in a co-OC role and by February he left for Georgia and the Canes had to nab Gattis.

We see where the year goes and hope moves are made going in 2023 if Gattis doesn't deliver better with the talent he has (which is still average, at best.)

Either way all the "we should've listened to 'x'" is nonsensical revisionist history—as all you're talking about is how fans who had heightened expectations literally need to just learn to let things play out, instead of wagging their #1 foam finger in rivals faces and screaming Miami was "back".

All this is really about; having to eat crow from friends and rivals when the Canes underachieve and Johnny Superfans ran their mouths all off-season.

Advertisement
Back